iPhone 11 Triggering Trypophobia “A Fear of Holes”

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
iPhone 11 Triggering Trypophobia

The new iPhone 11 Pro models feature a new design element: three lenses. While some are excited, the updated look has also provoked some users’ trypophobia.

WebMD defines trypophobia as “a fear of holes,” while Wikipedia is a bit more specific defining the phobia as “an aversion to the sight of irregular patterns or clusters of small holes, or bumps.”

But Apple is already facing backlash against the camera’s design. People are tweeting about how the three lenses are setting off their trypophobia — an aversion to patterns of tightly-packed holes — that’s leaving them disgusted or horrified when they look at the new handset.

upload_2019-9-11_11-5-20.png

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there was an article about that fear a while back on Facebook. I honestly had issues at looking at some of the examples. Never thought about it until I saw that stupid article!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm not going to make fun of a phobia - it's not something a person can control. For example, I have a fear of heights - totally irrational and I fight through it if I have to but I can't help it if I get disoriented when faced with it.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm not going to make fun of a phobia - it's not something a person can control. For example, I have a fear of heights - totally irrational and I fight through it if I have to but I can't help it if I get disoriented when faced with it.
It's not exactly "irrational". Your body contains a built-in mechanism to make it realize it's about to fall off a cliff, and it alerts you to it so that you get away from the cliff. It's there for a reason. And, just because you can fake out your cliff aversion response by putting a very solid glass wall between you and the cliff, so that there's no chance you can fall, your body can still be fooled.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yeah but the black holes are raycis. The correct term is light challenged hole.

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Fear of holes is very irrational - but that's what many phobias are. It's hard to put yourself in their shoes.

It's like the PTSD that some troops have after getting an IED explosion on "Route Irish" in Iraq. When they
arrive home and drive down the road, they might fear an unknown object at the side of the road.

A little kindness and understanding can go a long way to help people.

Accommodating every imaginable phobia or condition that exists in the world may be too much in society.

It could be worse...

How about a fear of peaches?

More specifically, "peach fuzz".

haptodysphoria

haptodysphoria
(uncountable)

1. An odd, disagreeable sensation felt by certain people when handling peaches, velvet or other fuzzy surfaces.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3skEh76l8w

Puberty bust have been tough for this guy.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
It's not exactly "irrational". Your body contains a built-in mechanism to make it realize it's about to fall off a cliff, and it alerts you to it so that you get away from the cliff. It's there for a reason. And, just because you can fake out your cliff aversion response by putting a very solid glass wall between you and the cliff, so that there's no chance you can fall, your body can still be fooled.
Happens to me even when there actually is a glass wall or a barrier in the way. For example, walking across a bridge and looking down over the guardrail is a no-no.

Top Bottom