• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Iowa police chief lies to ATF to obtain machine guns for resale

Let’s be honest, who wouldn’t want a mini-gun?

View attachment 698920
I regret not buying a backpack fed mini gun when they were $64,000 (civilian transferable)

I’m not really seeing the problem with the chief of police getting one. There’s ways to do it.

But wouldn’t it be a bad optic it would be when he started mowing down protesters with it..

Let’s be honest it would’ve been stolen or lost..

If you wanna an illegal mini gun you can buy all the parts online new and it’s really not rocket science to make the registered part..

I think a mini gun package minus receiver is only like $40,000 now? They were usually about 25

I’ve burned through a lot of ammo but I could not even pretend to afford the ammo for that thing.

Last edited:
Who is the victim or protentional victim here with these broken federal laws? Aside from the guys going to Federal PMITA prison.
As usual, if you break it down far ehough, the tax payer. We paid for the gear they were trying to steal after all. Not that it isn't already "sunk money" since the equipment is likely just sitting in storage somewhere.

It was amusing that the Glob article headline (at least online) accuses dealers of "defying Healy's edict" rather than "breaking the law".
But edict's coming from the Queen are law, right? ;)
How DARE the Serf's interpret the Queen's edict's.
"This Democracy thing must end", bellowed the Queen to her Courtesans and Ladies in waiting!
"Bring me their heads" demanded Queen Maura and ordered her Knights in Pink Armor to the countryside to search for the upstart challengers to her rule.

I normally don't like when LEO's abuse their authority but in this case I'm having a really hard time getting upset about the situation.

The jury found Wendt guilty of:

• Conspiracy to Make False Statements to and Defraud the United States – 1 count
  • False Statements to the ATF (Purchase Law Letters) – 1 count
  • False Statements to the ATC (Demonstration Law Letters) – 8 counts
  • Illegal Possession of a Machine Gun – 1 count
Wendt is scheduled to be sentenced on June 14th.

Back
Top Bottom