• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Investor "activists" target Amazon.com for selling gun accessories

By Ross Kerber

BOSTON (Reuters) - Activist investors have asked Amazon.com Inc to review its sales of firearms accessories, concerned that the online retailer offers products that could be used to convert semi-automatic rifles into weapons that fire too rapidly to be legal.

The shareholder scrutiny of the world's largest online retailer comes a day before the anniversary of the school massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, where a gunman killed 26 people. The incident led to extensive debate over U.S. gun-control laws and pressure on gunmakers and traditional retailers

http://news.yahoo.com/amazon-pressed-gun-accessory-sales-newtown-215722923--sector.html

weapons that fire too rapidly to be legal.

Wat.jpg

Term "more money than brains" comes to mind over this... Clowns have no clue on what's involved in changing a semi-auto to full auto.

Term "more money than brains" comes to mind over this... Clowns have no clue on what's involved in changing a semi-auto to full auto.

I didn't read the whole thing, but I'm guessing voluntary censorship of whats sold is the goal. I tried selling a stock for an Ar-15 on Ebay and no dice. Not because its illegal but because its against their policy. They have plenty of other firearms accessories but if an auction is attempted with one of the magic banned words it can't be listed. I assume this group is asking for similar restrictions under the false pretense of "too rapid to be legal" which would eventually make many more things banned from being sold on their site

"Activist" investors (usually people who own only a few hundred shares) get lots of this kind of crap on the agenda for lots of companies at the annual meeting. They are generally quickly outvoted and things move on.

Oh great, they want to keep me from buying totally legal things like rubber grips and holsters. ****ing asshats.

They are however on to something. Amazon sees way too much of my money and I should be boycotted. To support me and my spending habits is most certainly a win for the gun industry. I must be stopped...

including a lever for the AR-15 that "allows you to lock the bolt back and release the bolt with just a slight movement of your trigger finger which significantly improves the speed and efficiency of reloads,"

OH GODS ABOVE THEY'VE DISCOVERED..... the Magpul B.A.D. lever?

including a lever for the AR-15 that "allows you to lock the bolt back and release the bolt with just a slight movement of your trigger finger which significantly improves the speed and efficiency of reloads,"

OH GODS ABOVE THEY'VE DISCOVERED..... the Magpul B.A.D. lever?

Improves speed AND efficiency?!?!? WHERE DO I GET ONE111

They're gonna be scared when they find out about pistol slide stop levers...

Serious question, does the BAD level prevent you from using the bolt release normally?

Nope. You can use it like normal. Actually, when locking bolt back, its even easier because there is more surface area to push on.

Great vid on the BAD.
[video=youtube_share;66uydRTMBHk]http://youtu.be/66uydRTMBHk[/video]

Last edited:
Time to do some research on this "deputy of New York State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli, who manages the state's retirement fund". I think it is long past time that New York State employees ask Thomas DiNapoli why his deputy is messing about with this instead of doing his duty to ensure NYS retirement funds are managed in a way that maximizes profits, not politics.

Good, I hope they get their act together and pull the price down a bit. I would prefer to buy at a lower price.

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering why my sales on amazon were being destroyed and why a ton of my items became blocked starting on Tuesday. I found the answer through your post. Gun control by the rich.

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering why my sales on amazon were being destroyed and why a ton of my items became blocked starting on Tuesday. I found the answer through your post. Gun control by the rich.

You sell stuff to convert semi-automatic rifles into weapons that fire too rapidly to be legal?

Fail! I''v been using Amazon a lot lately, mostly for extra pistol mags. So far they have been by far the place
to find the best deals and I'v gotten about a dozen in the last few months.

........................Jack

What kind of dumb ass investors don't like making more money? Especially when it's on plastic accessories. It's not like they're selling PSL kits.

Back
Top Bottom