Investigate for 4 to 6 months?

HARRYM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WTF, I read a story regarding the 2 young girls run down and killed by a car in Needham back on February 11th. A reporter tried to follow up with the Needham Police and was told "these things take 4 to 6 months to investigate" They do? That seems like too long. What about that case would take up to 6 months to investigate?

cbrxx

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Normally they are all over blaming the driver.... pedestrian hit in crosswalk, etc. Absolutely no mention of that AFAIK. It would have been dark and kids probably just darted out.
I work nearby and used to live there, it's a busy road on the back side of the high school, traveled it all the time.
Of course a crosswalk on an otherwise open stretch of road just give people a false sense of security, people think cars magically stop.

terraformer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
They do when the driver wasn't clearly at fault. This is how they punish the driver who they can't charge with anything. In that time, the driver loses their license and can't drive, etc. That 6 month time is for when the hearing is scheduled for them to get their license back. If they could charge him (drunk, speed, etc; ), they would have by now.

There is one exception, if they need the drivers testimony to hang him. He will be required to testify to get his license. Then they will charge him.

This state is a nightmare for drivers. If they can point to ANYTHING to say the driver's actions, even small, contributed to the death, they will charge criminally negligent homicide (what they charge in this case). And it's a misdemeanor, not a felony, but for purposes of gun rights, it's a felony.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The MA "vehicular homocide" trap is one drivers need to be aware of. If anyone in injured in an auto accident, be especially careful what you say, and if the LEO starts asking questions that allude to fault, exercise your right to remain silent and make statements with coun$el at your side. In addition to the criminal aspect, there is a 15 year mandatory drivers license suspension.

nstassel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Some things do take time, they probably have to send out the car's computer for info dump, plus the driver's phone and probably subpoena the cell records.

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
This state is a nightmare for drivers. If they can point to ANYTHING to say the driver's actions, even small, contributed to the death, they will charge criminally negligent homicide (what they charge in this case). And it's a misdemeanor, not a felony, but for purposes of gun rights, it's a felony.
Y'all seem knowledgeable about this subject. I have seen on the news where they have a street blocked off after the accident and the State Police, or whomever, in the persons vehicle driving it and slamming on the brakes. It just seems so common now. Do they have to have suspicion first or do they drive the car to get the suspicion?

Did we sign something on our license application, agree to turning over our vehicle to potentially be used against us if they don't find everything to their liking? Is a dirty windshield, sun glare, squishy brakes anything more than an opinion? I know, they are trained experts and their testimony will be given weight.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Y'all seem knowledgeable about this subject.
I have met a couple of people in my life who qualify as one person think tanks. T. Former is one of them.
agree to turning over our vehicle to potentially be used against us
It's called evidence, and there is no protection against evidence being seized at the scene of a possible crime.

terraformer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Y'all seem knowledgeable about this subject. I have seen on the news where they have a street blocked off after the accident and the State Police, or whomever, in the persons vehicle driving it and slamming on the brakes. It just seems so common now. Do they have to have suspicion first or do they drive the car to get the suspicion?

Did we sign something on our license application, agree to turning over our vehicle to potentially be used against us if they don't find everything to their liking? Is a dirty windshield, sun glare, squishy brakes anything more than an opinion? I know, they are trained experts and their testimony will be given weight.
It's all open to them using it to justify a charge. I had never heard of so aggressive use of vehicular homicide laws than when I moved here. This shithole truly is dangerous to one's liberty. They don't know how to punish crime, or they refuse to because identity politics drives them to not want to punish who is committing the crimes, so they punish everyone else. The elites here also hate cars with a passion. They think we should be walking and commuting to work by bike.

I know of the son of a MSP trooper who is likely going to go down for it because a crotch rocket rider was well over the speed limit and hit him. But because he made a u-turn, his life is likely over. He will be destined to no college, little to no advancement in life and a life of menial jobs. All because he turned around on an open road where people who were driving slow enough would have easily be able to avoid it.

In Concord I believe, but it could have been Lexington, a landscape truck hit a car that was backing into a spot. The driver of the truck was at fault, but because the car hit a pedestrian, who later died, because of the hit to them from the truck the car driver lost his license for the better part of a year and it cost him a fortune to stay out of jail. I suspect the driver of the truck, since they didn't hit the pedestrian, sailed through the system, but I honestly don't know what happened to them.

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
It's all open to them using it to justify a charge. I had never heard of so aggressive use of vehicular homicide laws than when I moved here. This shithole truly is dangerous to one's liberty. They don't know how to punish crime, or they refuse to because identity politics drives them to not want to punish who is committing the crimes, so they punish everyone else. The elites here also hate cars with a passion. They think we should be walking and commuting to work by bike.

I know of the son of a MSP trooper who is likely going to go down for it because a crotch rocket rider was well over the speed limit and hit him. But because he made a u-turn, his life is likely over. He will be destined to no college, little to no advancement in life and a life of menial jobs. All because he turned around on an open road where people who were driving slow enough would have easily be able to avoid it.

In Concord I believe, but it could have been Lexington, a landscape truck hit a car that was backing into a spot. The driver of the truck was at fault, but because the car hit a pedestrian, who later died, because of the hit to them from the truck the car driver lost his license for the better part of a year and it cost him a fortune to stay out of jail. I suspect the driver of the truck, since they didn't hit the pedestrian, sailed through the system, but I honestly don't know what happened to them.
GOD I can't wait to move out of this shithole state.

Top Bottom