• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Invasive drones !

So in Connecticut according to the news , they are going to start using drones to monitor the amount of people in a group and take your temp ! I just feel like the feds are out of line here. How long before their in a pile from people shooting them down ? The flu is killing more people than the wuhan flu. Things are changing around here !

I’m definitely not in the flu > covid camp, but when precautions turn into unconstitutional surveillance, that’s definitely too far.

Kinda makes me want to build an electronic drone downer. Bird shot is more fun, but easy to notice.

I had I couple friends shooting in a sand pit in Pembroke a year ago when all of a sudden a drone showed up in was hovering next to them ! My friend pointed his shotgun at it and it just stayed there. He was going to blast it until my other friend reminded him he was probably being videoed.

Then grab it and hold it. LOL

I wonder what it would take the blow out the CCD in one of those things.

I had I couple friends shooting in a sand pit in Pembroke a year ago when all of a sudden a drone showed up in was hovering next to them ! My friend pointed his shotgun at it and it just stayed there. He was going to blast it until my other friend reminded him he was probably being videoed.

If it was an amateur one, the recorded video is saved in an onboard memory card. So if you shoot at it make sure you hit. That way the evidence isnt sent to the operator.

Under what FAA Authority?

Under Part 107, you can not fly over people that are not part of the flight crew without a waiver, and the FAA does not care if you are a state or not.

A few years back we had a drone flying around our gun club. It would come in and circle, sometimes hover and come down to about 50' above the ground level.

I heard about it at a gun club meeting. Some members were saying the ATF was watching us. There's was concern about some sort of government surveillance.

So I spoke up at the meeting. I asked the club president if he knew what I got for Xmas? He knows me pretty well and sees what is coming. I got a shiny new drone! And as the crow flies I live about .5 miles from the range.

Yeah, it was me. I was just practicing my drone flying skills.

Here's a video I made of the property using an app that allows preprogrammed flight. I added the music from a YouTube library.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHp4niIzbRA&feature=youtu.be

Under Part 107, you can not fly over people that are not part of the flight crew without a waiver, and the FAA does not care if you are a state or not.

I'm sure that they will get a pass or some exemption, much like cop cars or school buses with seat belts. When state needs it, it usually grants permission.

Also, that skeet better be discreet, because I'm sure there will be hefty fines associated with damaging those drones, like you are declared a domestic terrorist, a Nazi rightwinger and an instant felon.

There was also an article on Breitbart that these drones are massproduced in China ... go figure. Xi will have a copy of what's going on in US. All those drones will be connected and some central bank will have all the footage streamed live.

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

The State doesn't give a sh*t.

Either, the FAA will go along with it, or they will most likely ignore it, in which case it is up to a citizen to spend money and bring it to court ... oh wait, the courts are closed.

Just crash a drone into the States drone.

yes @Boris , DJI is a Chinese company and makes most of the good drones, to the point the U S Military made the branches of the services that have them pull them out of service and pull the batteries, but then they were still flying them on a case by case basis.

The amount of location data my drone stores is massive, and it is also sent to and stored on DJI's servers.

Untitled.png

There was also an article on Breitbart that these drones are massproduced in China ... go figure. Xi will have a copy of what's going on in US. All those drones will be connected and some central bank will have all the footage streamed live.

I don’t care for Breitbart, but they’re correct on that. The major Chinese-made drones send their video feeds back to China. Chinese intelligence now has current video of a great deal of our infrastructure and a whole lot of faces for their facial recognition database.

Please show me a link to that as I cannot find it?

FAA 107.39
14 CFR 107.39 says:

No person may operate a small unmanned aircraft over a human being unless that human being is:
(a) Directly participating in the operation of the small unmanned aircraft; or
(b) Located under a covered structure or inside a stationary vehicle that can provide reasonable protection from a falling small unmanned aircraft.

A few years back we had a drone flying around our gun club. It would come in and circle, sometimes hover and come down to about 50' above the ground level.

I heard about it at a gun club meeting. Some members were saying the ATF was watching us. There's was concern about some sort of government surveillance.

So I spoke up at the meeting. I asked the club president if he knew what I got for Xmas? He knows me pretty well and sees what is coming. I got a shiny new drone! And as the crow flies I live about .5 miles from the range.

Here's a video I made of the property using an app that allows preprogrammed flight. I added the music from a YouTube library.

Nice vid....where you at? Curious what mountain is in background.

Also, I think you let them off too easily by admitting it was you. The level of paranoia you could have caused would have been epic.

I'm sure that they will get a pass or some exemption, much like cop cars or school buses with seat belts. When state needs it, it usually grants permission.

Also, that skeet better be discreet, because I'm sure there will be hefty fines associated with damaging those drones, like you are declared a domestic terrorist, a Nazi rightwinger and an instant felon.

IIRC someone in the West shot down a drone and was convicted in Fed court. I don't think you can legally do it even if it is over your property.

I remember seeing a drone flying over traffic on US-1 in Walpole one evening. Not legal and I'm willing to bet it was LE doing it (nobody nearby on foot).

Gov't can get away with it and I'm certain no court would rule against them regardless of any violation of FAA rules/laws.

So in Connecticut according to the news , they are going to start using drones to monitor the amount of people in a group and take your temp ! I just feel like the feds are out of line here. How long before their in a pile from people shooting them down ? The flu is killing more people than the wuhan flu. Things are changing around here !
Orwellian

A drone has the same protections as an Airbus A-380, you screw with it in flight and it is a Felony, and it is prosecuted.

your property rights to airspace end at the tops of the blades of grass, from that point up, the real estate is part of the National Air Space and is controlled by the FAA.

Responsible drone operators understand the line between legal flight and invasion of privacy.

Then there are the rest...

Is that Westwood GC?

If it was an amateur one, the recorded video is saved in an onboard memory card. So if you shoot at it make sure you hit. That way the evidence isnt sent to the operator.
So wrong. My drone has an inboard memory card AND relays the image directly to my phone and stores it internally onto my SD card. Dont know about the lower end drones, but if anyone were to shoot down a DJI, there's evidence of you doing so.

[rofl] like that ever stopped tyrants from doing stuff.

-Mike

Shooting an invasive drone as an expression of free speech would make for some fun legal analysis.

What frequency do the drones receive their control signal on? Likely possible to make operator lose control with some kind of transmitter. Just make sure you only fire it for the brief time it take to make the drone crash or you'll get caught.

Back
Top Bottom