Introduction to IDPA Clinic - Metro West Tactical - Saturday, April 8, 2017

***PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST A SEAT BY POSTING ON THIS THREAD - PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO [email protected]***

The Metro West Tactical IDPA Group at the Harvard Sportsmen's Club will be hosting an Introduction to IDPA Clinic on Saturday, April 8, 2017. The course will start with classroom instruction, practical skills drills to learn the safe way to draw a pistol out of a holster, and then transition to live fire shooting on three typical IDPA stages.

VIEW A YOUTUBE VIDEO SHOT DURING THE 2016 CLINIC HERE: https://youtu.be/J8UbxXoqDEg

Students will spend one hour on each of the three stages receiving instruction, demonstrations, and the opportunity to shoot the stage as many times as the one hour will permit before transitioning to the next stage. Stages will include moving targets, swinging targets, steel targets, no-threat targets, walls, barricades and other props.

Class size will be limited to six squads of five for a total of 30 slots. Several MetroWest Tactical IDPA shooters will be part of the team with the final lineup will be announced closer to the match. Students will have the opportunity to receive instruction from shooters of all skill levels, each with significant experience competing at the local, state, regional and national levels. Classroom instruction will be provided by IDPA Safety Officer Instructor John Catterall. IDPA Master Class shooters on this year's clinic staff include: Gene Gelberger, David Ritchie and Bob Biehl.

Several students in previous classes had no experience drawing and firing from a holster and by the end of this clinic they were confidently and safely shooting IDPA stages. Some of their comments from past classes were:

"The instructors were very informative and took the time to answer all your questions. They also made a first time person very comfortable by maintaining a no pressure and highly safe environment."

"Live fire and hands on instruction fantastic. I loved the practical advice from those who shot IDPA. Very friendly staff."

"Thorough. Instructors were excellent and had a complete knowledge of subject. Made me feel more comfortable. Live fire was great. Definitely liked emphasis on safety."

"Friendly and safety conscious, very knowledgeable staff...great class, coming back next year!"

"Attention to detail, patience with our learning curve."

From a student who started shooting matches before attending this class "...the practical instruction at the three stages and strategy explanations by the instructors lead me to succeed far more than I did at any other event...frustration turned to fun..."

If you were thinking about trying IDPA, especially if you have no experience in any practical shooting sports, this course is a good starting point. If you are an experienced IDPA shooter, the oppportunity to receive the instruction and learn the mindset of Master-class shooters as they analyze and attack a stage makes this course worthy of attendance.

If you are interested in attending this course, please send an email to John Catterall at [email protected] and I will send you information on where to mail your check to reserve your seat. Pre-Registration is required for this class. The first 30 checks received will get in the class - anyone after that will be put on the waiting list. MetroWest Tactical only puts on one clinic per year and slots filled up quickly in all our previous classes.

DATE/TIME: Saturday, April 8, 2017 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

LOCATION: Harvard Sportsmen's Club, 250 Littleton County Rd., Harvard, MA 01451

COST: $100.00 - make checks payable to "HSC - METROWEST TACTICAL".

CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancel before March 25, 2017 and your check will be returned to you or I can shred it - your pleasure. Cancel on March 25, 2017 or later and your check will be returned if we can fill your seat off the waiting list.

GEAR REQUIRED: pistol or revolver, minimum caliber 9mm or .38 - maximum caliber .45; holster; three magazines or four speedloader/moonclips; ammuntion carriers; eye/ear protection; billed cap, such as a baseball cap; concealment garment to conceal your holster and ammunition carriers; 200 rounds of ammunition.

INCLUDES: handouts, lunch, certificate of completion, free admission to one 2017 Metro West Tactical Tier I (Club-Level) match.

Regards,
John Catterall
IDPA Safety Officer Instructor A28167

Back
Top Bottom