Introducing the 5 Worst Handguns Ever

The Shield - a gun no one can rack, anything by Taurus, the Remington R51 which looks like it belonged on a Star Trek set, and the S&W Bodyguard comes to mind.

First ones, maybe? I handled/dry fired one, but it was in .40 S&W. All set to do the paperwork and buy it, then I saw that it was the .40 version. Felt good in the hand, and the trigger felt OK.

Yes, I had one of the early 9's. DA pull was at least 12 lbs and the decocker barely usable.

All 5 would be Taurus models IMHO.

Many years ago I owned a Taurus copy of the Beretta 96 in stainless steel and a Taurus PT22 a kinda copy of Beretta 21A

Both were accurate and reliable. Both saw 1000's of rounds.

Problem is their firearms are not always consistent. Some are pretty good (especially for the money)

Many years ago I owned a Taurus copy of the Beretta 96 in stainless steel and a Taurus PT22 a kinda copy of Beretta 21A

Both were accurate and reliable. Both saw 1000's of rounds.

Problem is their firearms are not always consistent. Some are pretty good (especially for the money)

Some have had luck. I'm not one of them. Back in the 90's, I bought a total of 6 Taurus revolvers over 5-6 years. (I thought S&W were overpriced and I had little money.) Two went back and fourth to the factory for the entire time I owned them. (The Defects never corrected.) One shot itself sloppy loose within 500 rounds or so. One blew up in my hands on first use (No forcing cone was ever cut). The last two were (just) OK but sold off after the KABOOM incident. I'm a slow learner but not unteachable.

Don't you f***ing say "hipoint" don't you f***ing say that about an affordable kind of self defense weapon.
My friend bought a HiPoint pistol and carbine a few years ago.
He was on a mission to buy a 9mm pistol and carbine.
He showed up at my house with the hipoints and 5k rounds.
With a little gleam in his eyes and a grin....want to help.
Since then hes put several more thousand rounds through it with nothing more than a few patches down the bore to keep them oiled between trips.
So far everyone I know with a hi point only complains about the sights and accuracy.

i think there needs to be a seperation between poorly made guns and poor designs that some how made it to production.

Some have had luck. I'm not one of them. Back in the 90's, I bought a total of 6 Taurus revolvers over 5-6 years. (I thought S&W were overpriced and I had little money.) Two went back and fourth to the factory for the entire time I owned them. (The Defects never corrected.) One shot itself sloppy loose within 500 rounds or so. One blew up in my hands on first use (No forcing cone was ever cut). The last two were (just) OK but sold off after the KABOOM incident. I'm a slow learner but not unteachable.

The PT22 state do not use CCI Stingers. (of course then I did, I was young and stupid) A small spring broke.
I sent it back to Taurus... The replaced the spring, added another spare spring and left me a note: "Stop Using Stingers"
Their customer service back in the 90s was very good.

$_35.JPG

Hey, don't go knocking Jennings! I had one in the 80s that was flawless. I just bought a near new one the other day, with 2 mags in the box, for $100. I can't wait to take it precision target shooting! It fits in my pocket with room left over for my 9mm Shield, mags, and groceries!
I have one in the box that works perfectly after a fluff and buff job. I had to purchase 6-8 of them before i found this one. Ever seen a Sedco? It's Jennings ugly step-sister.

Back
Top Bottom