• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Introducing the 5 Ultimate Smith & Wesson Guns

I dunno, the M&P made the list? Top 5? I mean it is a decent firearm, but their top 5?
No recognition of the fact that they make the most powerful handgun in the world? Or the fact that it is sexy as hell?
If Ruger made the 500, it would look like... well.. a Ruger.

AND 1911's do NOT have an external extractor. AND guns should never be adorned with friggin fish scales. Who was the freakin design motard that thought that was a good idea? It troubles me deeply that at some point, there was a board meeting when that concept was introduced, and they agreed it should proceed.

Altamont makes the fish scale grips

Ah, and old 686 with the recall work done for the hammer nose bushing problem with 357 ammo. Does the CS stand for Custom Shop?

They missed the 625 and/or 25-2.

Wish I bought a 547 when they were a current product.

I have a 625, .45 long colt. It has a 6.5" barrel to accommodate the huge port in front of the barrel. Hot, .45, long colt, hand loads, are really sweet through this beast. Makes the 629 classic, 44 magnum that I have, seem a bit tame.

Mostly all time classics (29, 686, etc) and Smith 1911s are awesome but I have to say that I REALLY like my M&P 2.0 full size 9. Dropped an Apex trigger in there and it is probably my favorite handgun.

I'd buy any S&W with the firing pin on the hammer, and basically any third gen semi, but that's about it. No M&P at all, no shield, no ninetennerlebben. Just wheel guns and 3rd gen.

Back
Top Bottom