• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Intro To Concealed Carry

TWtommers

Instructor
NES Member
For those of you instructors that offer some form of concealed carry course, where did you get your curriculum? Did you develop the course on your own? Did you purchase it? Did you take an instructor class?

I'm interested in putting together and intro level course and trying to gather the info on where to start.

I became an NRA Personal Protection in the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor.

Unlike typical NRA courses, the manuals and material is actually relevant and well thought out as are the drills that are part of the courses.

I will warn you that there isn't a huge call for either course, as most people think that they know everything there is to know once they get their LTC in MA (and I've talked with Instructors who teach it in CT). I imagine that in states with no training requirement even fewer people are interested in spending the time and money on these courses. Most people think it's all about hitting the target and weekly/monthly shooting will give them all they need. Look at the Zimmerman persecution to get an idea that more stress needs to be spent on everything but shooting skills. I think that is why LFI-1 was so popular when Mas Ayoob lived up this way.

Back
Top Bottom