Interview?

Most Pro 2A police Chiefs just want to identifiy you run a background check (typical police computer run through) and call it a day. May I recommend if possible try going during the day to the smaller towns if they allow it as most of the time you get the old school cops who may tell you somewhere good to eat afterwards.

Most Pro 2A police Chiefs just want to identifiy you run a background check (typical police computer run through) and call it a day. May I recommend if possible try going during the day to the smaller towns if they allow it as most of the time you get the old school cops who may tell you somewhere good to eat afterwards.
That's not how the MA process works. OP will have to go to Chelsea to the FRB office. You can't shop for a better town as a non-resident

And pay the fee…..
Nope, you mail a bank/certified check with the application or you won't get an appointment date.

Interview for NRs isn't really an interview anymore since restrictions have been dropped. They will already have put your info into MIRCS. Just take picture and prints and likely that will be all since the USSC case resolution.

As A Non-Resident?
Nope, not possible.

Please realize that 90% of the folks on NES don't bother to read the topic they are replying to prior to replying. So they "ass-u-me" that everything is about MA and resident issues.

Go to the FRB website and read/download the info on NR LTCs and follow that. Unsure if they updated that info on justifications, but otherwise nothing has changed.

original post doesn't say if it is non resident permit he is looking for. I would say he us getting the answers he deserves with that wording.

Please realize that 90% of the folks on NES don't bother to read the topic they are replying to prior to replying. So they "ass-u-me" that everything is about MA and resident issues.

Absolutely nothing about the original post or the topic heading tells us this guy is looking for a non-resident LTC. These responses are his fault.

original post doesn't say if it is non resident permit he is looking for. I would say he us getting the answers he deserves with that wording.

Absolutely nothing about the original post or the topic heading tells us this guy is looking for a non-resident LTC. These responses are his fault.
I hear you, and you're not wrong.

I'll note, however, that almost every post he's made - especially over the last couple weeks, especially in this sub - has been about getting a non-resident LTC as a Texan.

Nope, not possible.

Go to the FRB website and read/download the info on NR LTCs and follow that. Unsure if they updated that info on justifications, but otherwise nothing has changed.

It just says in person interviews are still required. Does not say anything more other then they will contact you with a date.

I totally understand and get it. However, please note I never complained about the answers i was getting either. it was just that one post that I wanted more clarification on.

The interview process, as far as how long it takes, what is done, what questions are asked should not be any different for residents then Non-Residents. Other then the fact I have to go to Chelsea, and residents go somewhere else.

Just trying to get a rough idea of the process. Etc…

Mine have always just been them asking the questions that were on the application as they type it into the computer and having me verify it's all correct before they submit. No other questions have ever been asked on initial or any of the renewals.

Exactly the same here until my renewal last week. Last week it was just pass the info through the window slot and sign the application. I’m guessing that it will return to the usual “interview” after the last legislative nonsense.

We call on a specific day of the week and time to get a day and time for the following week. The appointments are gone in minutes

It all depends on the city/town that you are dealing with. Your best info will come from them.

Bob

I totally understand and get it. However, please note I never complained about the answers i was getting either. it was just that one post that I wanted more clarification on.

The interview process, as far as how long it takes, what is done, what questions are asked should not be any different for residents then Non-Residents. Other then the fact I have to go to Chelsea, and residents go somewhere else.

Just trying to get a rough idea of the process. Etc…
Should and is are different things. The interview process (historically) varies from town to town. The interview with FRB is different, still. Notably, it's not actually a nonresident LTC, but a temporary one.

Now, in a post-Bruen world, things should be more consistent, but that will take time to actually happen. The questions, generally, will be asking you to confirm what you put on the form. They might also ask questions like "why do you want to carry?"

I just turned in my renewal application for my LTC; which would expire in October 2022.

I was shocked to find that in my city which is Framingham, the process was a far easier and quicker than in previous years.

I'm not sure if this is due to the Supreme Court Decision; Or if the new Mayor in Framingham is more LTC friendly, than the previous mayor.

Mind you I have never had difficulty renewing my LTC, but there was always more steps and they seemed less LTC friendly.

Wife and my non resident Massachusetts LTC applications were mailed to the MA State Police on 6/24/2022 via FedEx overnight.

We received our "interview scheduled" email on 7/17/2022. Wife and I are scheduled to appear in person in Chelsea, MA on 10/11/2022.

Roughly 110 days from application submission to appointment. Maybe our interview appointment was scheduled further out because we requested appointments on the same day? Not sure.

Also not sure how long the MSP will take to issue the LTC after our interview.

Wife and my non resident Massachusetts LTC applications were mailed to the MA State Police on 6/24/2022 via FedEx overnight.

We received our "interview scheduled" email on 7/17/2022. Wife and I are scheduled to appear in person in Chelsea, MA on 10/11/2022.

Roughly 110 days from application submission to appointment. Maybe our interview appointment was scheduled further out because we requested appointments on the same day? Not sure.

Also not sure how long the MSP will take to issue the LTC after our interview.

Hmmm. Starting to think about applying for a non-resident MA LTC. But the whole concept of "we'll schedule an interview at some point in the future" is kind of hard to schedule my life around.

Hmmm. Starting to think about applying for a non-resident MA LTC. But the whole concept of "we'll schedule an interview at some point in the future" is kind of hard to schedule my life around.
It's definitely a challenge and I don't agree with it.

I'm self employed and the kids are homeschooled which allows the Wife and I to move our schedules to make this happen. We're going to go see Plymouth Historical Site while we are up there.

It's definitely a challenge and I don't agree with it.

I'm self employed and the kids are homeschooled which allows the Wife and I to move our schedules to make this happen. We're going to go see Plymouth Historical Site while we are up there.

I live 1000 miles from MA. I'm in CT a couple months each summer. If I could schedule it for that time frame, it would be worth doing.

I live 1000 miles from MA. I'm in CT a couple months each summer. If I could schedule it for that time frame, it would be worth doing.
I'm sure your window for this year is closing. If I were in your position, I might try calling the FRB hotline for guidance. Somehow, I expect the answer to be "send it in February, and we'll probably schedule you before you head home."

Back
Top Bottom