• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Interview in Salem, MA

Well, when you go to see the police man, tell him how you are bewildered. Tell him how you think it is unfair. If you wander that there is a rights issue, well, you will see about that soon enough ( I think you are a troublemaker, sounds like)

Why did you even move here, and to Salem? What did you expect?

Thanks, and I of course hope you can get an LTC at all, esp. unrestricted.
Big differences between you and the OP. He can actually spell and make coherent sentences you have basic English fails every time you reply to a thread. I am always curious why you have difficulties with basic comprehension and spelling? Care to provide a reasonable answer.

Hi all,

British immigrant here who, now I have my green card, will be attending my interview tomorrow in Salem., MA. I have heard that the polcie force here are more restrictive in giving out unrestricted LTCs which has concerned me for two reason.

1) The neighboring towns are less strict, and I find it a little bit odd that towns on the North Shore do not confirm to similar standards. Seems a little unfair that 5 minutes away over the other town line someone is carrying concealed whereas I can't.

2) I work part time as a spokesperson/director for a high profile political movement, and would ultimately like the option to conceal carry for my own protection.

I plan on highlighting the two points to the officer in the hope I can get an unrestricted, but has anyone else here had experience in Salem and able to offer some advice on how to handle the situation?
Good luck.

Stay away from the Point or you may be using that LTC....

I had to laugh when I got to the phrase, "Seems a little unfair." Seriously we feel your pain LOL The first Brits that moved here felt that way too and they started a revolution.

Big differences between you and the OP. He can actually spell and make coherent sentences you have basic English fails every time you reply to a thread. I am always curious why you have difficulties with basic comprehension and spelling? Care to provide a reasonable answer.
I don’t think you are right in what you are saying. You sound angry and upset about your life’s situation. I am sorry you have not lived up to what was expected of you.

I don’t think you are right in what you are saying. You sound angry and upset about your life’s situation. I am sorry you have not lived up to what was expected of you.
Wow, an actual response from the woman Free I feel honored.

I concur with the advice about don't offer any unsolicited information. Ask for a license "for all lawful purposes". If you say you want to defend yourself at home, you are asking for a restricted license. If you say you like to target shoot and hunt, you're asking for a restriction for "hunting and target shooting", etc. Obviously be friendly and respectful, but don't be chatty.

Some towns issue restricted licenses by default, but upon renewal no restrictions , but that could be years.

Well, when you go to see the police man, tell him how you are bewildered. Tell him how you think it is unfair. If you wander that there is a rights issue, well, you will see about that soon enough ( I think you are a troublemaker, sounds like)

Why did you even move here, and to Salem? What did you expect?

Thanks, and I of course hope you can get an LTC at all, esp. unrestricted.

It could be mild case of Aspergers. Not making fun of him just a theory. Worst case he is trying to imitate someone with a handicap. No good.

You seem to have problems . . .please don't take them out on others here.
Wow, I am truly sorry for triggering the racist white privilege in you given your liberal Democrat stance and all. I think I can make it up to you on our first date though with Chinese as long as the racist Asian in you isn't offended. Just let me know wink wink nudge nudge!

OP are you alive?

Did the PoPo shoot your puppy?

How did the interview go?

Welcome to the US. From what I have learned over the years people who move to the US from the UK turn the inside of their homes into a little British museum :). Don't forget to post up the union jack pictures. Good luck getting your LTC and welcome to the people of the gun. Remember don't be John Oliver, be like Sir Winston.

View attachment 465017
Ahhh yes my little chickadee... at first I though that was a photo of W.C. Fields.

Hi all,

British immigrant here who, now I have my green card, will be attending my interview tomorrow in Salem., MA. I have heard that the polcie force here are more restrictive in giving out unrestricted LTCs which has concerned me for two reason.

1) The neighboring towns are less strict, and I find it a little bit odd that towns on the North Shore do not confirm to similar standards. Seems a little unfair that 5 minutes away over the other town line someone is carrying concealed whereas I can't.

2) I work part time as a spokesperson/director for a high profile political movement, and would ultimately like the option to conceal carry for my own protection.

I plan on highlighting the two points to the officer in the hope I can get an unrestricted, but has anyone else here had experience in Salem and able to offer some advice on how to handle the situation?

I don't have any info on Salem unfortunately, but a belated "Welcome to America" and best wishes on your LTC/2A journey! Please let us know how it goes and if there's anything else we can do to support you!

Hi all, I have an updated question regarding the Salem application process. I tracked the progress of my application with the state and they said the card was activated and mailed to the local police station. I followed up with the firearms officer who said I still had to wait for a Dpt. of Mental Health and a fingerprint search of national records.

Surely this would have been done by the state before they activated and sent it out? Or is this a cravat Salem adds to the process?

Back
Top Bottom