Interstellar - anyone seen it yet?

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Will probably go see it sometime next week at the Imax in Somerville (I love it that you can reserve exact seating
in advance).

Last time I was at movie theater had to be at least 2 years ago.

Just wondering if it's worth my travel time, ticket cost ($35.00 for 2 tickets), for a 3 hour movie.

ColdDayInHell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Depends where you're from...

Yeah that theater is so sick. I was in awe. Brought my own drinks plus the bar drinks in and reclined. Bliss.

WOW never even heard of this movie. Can't wait.

Last edited:

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Depends where you're from...

Yeah that theater is so sick. I was in awe. Brought my own drinks plus the bar drinks in and reclined. Bliss.

WOW never even heard of this movie. Can't wait.
Cool!

Now pick me some good seats.

I'm thinking the red ones for viewing pleasure/experience and having to take a piss convenience. [smile]

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Saw it the day it opened. Don't wanna sound like a total Nolan fanboy, but it was great. Definitely see it.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I highly recommend seeing this movie at Jordan's furniture in reading, the Imax with seat woofers made it an absolutely amazing experience. Lots of rocket ship engines really shook the place up.
I also recommend trying to fully empty your bladder as the vibrating seat left me sprinting to the head as soon as the credits rolled!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JJ4

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I thought it was fantastic. A very "different" type of movie - up and down, slow and fast, spinning stuff, nastalgic, some action, a lot of thinking, some "whoaaa". As someone mentioned sorta like 2001.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm really interested in seeing it, but I've heard mixed reviews that in theater it pretty much makes your ears bleed and you can miss a lot of the dialogue.

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finally got to see it yesterday (and I thought Motorhead concerts were loud).

I enjoyed it, but wasn't blown away.

I'd give it an 8/10 tops.

kurtb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Im a huge scifi fan and I didn't really care for it. I figure if you are going to get into the deep science at least get it right. And yes - the first 45 minutes of the film were painfully slow. They could have chopped an hour off the movie and it would have been better IMHO

BattleSnail

Banned
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im a huge scifi fan and I didn't really care for it. I figure if you are going to get into the deep science at least get it right. And yes - the first 45 minutes of the film were painfully slow. They could have chopped an hour off the movie and it would have been better IMHO
what was scientifically inaccurate about it?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
what was scientifically inaccurate about it?
You can't merrily enter a black hole in a space ship! I could accept the rest of it but everyone knows anything entering a black hole is stretched and torn apart at the subatomic level.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can't merrily enter a black hole in a space ship! I could accept the rest of it but everyone knows anything entering a black hole is stretched and torn apart at the subatomic level.
THAT is how they lost louis lerners emails!

BattleSnail

Banned
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL fair enough... I wasn't aware that was what happened.

I'm going to see this tonight with the wife at assembly row. She's somehow never seen an IMAX movie before so I figured this would be a good first one to see.

ColdDayInHell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

I'm going to see this tonight with the wife at assembly row. She's somehow never seen an IMAX movie before so I figured this would be a good first one to see.
Reading/Natick=IMAX. That theater is not the full effect IMHO. Pretty cool theater though, brought my drinks into the theater and reclined the seats. Just like home [laugh]

I will wait for the leak/release and I'll watch it. Hoping for the best. I did just see The Dark Knight Rises for the first time last night, was pretty epic. I am weird. I watch hype movies late I suppose. Enjoy.

It was decent but no 2001.

If you have any interest in seeing it, don't wait for it to leave the theaters. The big screen is where it belongs.
My home theater begs to differ [wink]

BattleSnail

Banned
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reading/Natick=IMAX. That theater is not the full effect IMHO. Pretty cool theater though, brought my drinks into the theater and reclined the seats. Just like home [laugh]

I will wait for the leak/release and I'll watch it. Hoping for the best. I did just see The Dark Knight Rises for the first time last night, was pretty epic. I am weird. I watch hype movies late I suppose. Enjoy.

Shit is that right??? I would have just gone to Reading. I figured I'd check out Assembly bc it's new and it does say IMAX. The tix are more expensive than Jordan's too...I'm going to be pissed if it's not legit IMAX. God dammit.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

It was terrific at the IMAX in Reading. Just don't eat at Fuddruckers there.... I had two full days of severe explosive diarrhea!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Shit is that right??? I would have just gone to Reading. I figured I'd check out Assembly bc it's new and it does say IMAX. The tix are more expensive than Jordan's too...I'm going to be pissed if it's not legit IMAX. God dammit.
Reading seemed pretty legit to me. The theater is at a 45 degree angle and all the seats have subwoofers in them. What else is missing?

Top Bottom