• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Interesting

Have a friend down in DC who's girlfriend works for the HOR. She has some "in's" as to what coming down the pipe. He said there was a bunch of new gun legislation and he sent me this link
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdque...ELD(FLD961+20130128)+@FIELD(FLD010+20130128))

Then I noticed #74. The plan to repeal the limitations on terms the president may serve. A backdoor policy to keep Obama in office for an even longer term?!?

New York Dem as Sponser... figures.

This isn't unconstitutional or anything...what else is on his agenda for political gain? I thought the government was supposed to be for the people?....

Have a friend down in DC who's girlfriend works for the HOR. She has some "in's" as to what coming down the pipe. He said there was a bunch of new gun legislation and he sent me this link
Bill Summary & Status Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Then I noticed #74. The plan to repeal the limitations on terms the president may serve. A backdoor policy to keep Obama in office for an even longer term?!?

Nothing "backdoor" about it. To repeal an amendment requires the usual 2/3, 2/3 then 3/4 states ratification. Further, by the time it got out of a committee, if it ever did, it would no doubt have a statement that it would become effective after some subsequent election cycle.

Number 60 would back door gun legislation it looks like, making ATF in charge of classifying weapons. Or did I read that wrong?

there are also proposed amendments for a budget which won't exceed tax collections and one to eliminate income tax. I'm not worried about it.

77. H.J.RES.23 : Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to limit the number of consecutive terms that a Member of Congress may serve.

I like that one

Nothing new to see here-

"On January 4, 2013, Rep. José Serrano once again introduced H.J.Res. 15 proposing an Amendment to repeal the 22nd Amendment, as he has done every two years since 1997."

The likelihood of this actually going through is slim to none, just caught my eye because I hadn't seen it before.

It is not unconstitutional to attempt to change the constitution using the rules laid out in said constitution

No, but is is unconstitutional to issue Executive Orders that violate the Constitution or to enact Federal, State or Local laws that violate the Constitution.

Which, IMO, was the case recently in NY State.

I don't believe the Constitution limits the number of terms a president can serve. I am not a very good student of history, but IIRC that came about in relative recent history (60s, 70s?). I'm not saying I agree with eliminating/increasing term limits, I'm just saying it isn't unconstitutional.

I don't believe the Constitution limits the number of terms a president can serve. I am not a very good student of history, but IIRC that came about in relative recent history (60s, 70s?). I'm not saying I agree with eliminating/increasing term limits, I'm just saying it isn't unconstitutional.

Amendments to the Constitution are part of the Constitution, although not part of the original text of the Constitution.

The Bill of Rights did not have presidential term limits.

No, but is is unconstitutional to issue Executive Orders that violate the Constitution or to enact Federal, State or Local laws that violate the Constitution.

Which, IMO, was the case recently in NY State.

This is absolutely true, I was just speaking to the bill to remove term limits

Back
Top Bottom