• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Interesting quote from Manchester gun show

basscatfrank

NES Member
This was in the Union Leader yesterday in an article about the recent gun show in Manchester.

One vendor said he thought AK-47s and AR-15s should be regulated more like fully automatic weapons, with stringent background checks, high fees and a months long application process. The man did not wish to be identified because, he said, his business would dry up if he expressed that opinion.

I wish his business would dry up. Any guesses as to who it might be?

So increased regulation will result in his business drying up OR him talking about it will lead to his business drying up. Basically, he wants to be out of business.

Why would you need to go through all that nonsense just because your hand needs to be in a slightly different position while holding the rifle? Hand reaches around wood stock and is a bit higher.... OK! Hand a bit lower and around a grip, OMG!!!!

The article also stated that 85% of NH gun owners supported the bills that Sununu vetoed earlier this year. [laugh]

The show came just over a month after the Legislature sustained Gov. Chris Sununu’s vetoes of three gun control bills. The bills would have established gun-free school zones, instituted a three-day waiting period for firearms purchases and required anyone selling a gun to run the sale through a licensed dealer, who would background check the buyer — a policy that a March poll found was supported by 90% of New Hampshire residents, and 85% of gun owners.

At New Hampshire's largest gun show, mixed feelings about gun control

This was in the Union Leader yesterday in an article about the recent gun show in Manchester.

One vendor said he thought AK-47s and AR-15s should be regulated more like fully automatic weapons, with stringent background checks, high fees and a months long application process. The man did not wish to be identified because, he said, his business would dry up if he expressed that opinion.

I wish his business would dry up. Any guesses as to who it might be?
Must have been speaking to someone from The Gun Parlor.

Yeah. I'm not buying those survey results. Too pat to be true. PERHAPS they just had a preamble they never mentioned.

"As you know, gun violence is an epidemic in our nation and our state and our elected officials have offered many plans to stop it. . . . " Suddenly, the gun background questions go from a normal split to TOTALLY slanted.

For Sale and Good Deal are mutually exclusive. Keep that in mind. I haven't seen a "deal" Nazi handgun in at least 5 years.

Wish I'd gone. Some nice P38s and Lugers for sale.
View attachment 308950

Question for anyone on this picture. I notice that some of the pistols have C&R on that tag. Does that mean one can only purchase that pistol if they had a C&R license? Or could it be purchased with a standard 4473 background check? I am not necessarily trying to make this a MA story, I already know how screwed up MA is. If I were a NH resident and went to this table, how would a transaction get done?

Question for anyone on this picture. I notice that some of the pistols have C&R on that tag. Does that mean one can only purchase that pistol if they had a C&R license? Or could it be purchased with a standard 4473 background check? I am not necessarily trying to make this a MA story, I already know how screwed up MA is. If I were a NH resident and went to this table, how would a transaction get done?
If you have a C&R FFL, it is done like a dealer to dealer transfer with no 4473/background check.

If you don't have a C&R FFL and live in the same state as the seller, it is done per state law . . . which in NH would be the 4473 and background check (NH SP for handguns).

I am betting a 100% reporter made up wishful thinking quote.

if he IS an FFL he could simply not carry or sell products they don’t like.
Or it is a real quote from a high end double rifle and shotgun person.

Back
Top Bottom