Interesting possible USN SEAL sighting

Unlikely to be a SEAL. He is wearing his plate holder too low. Gun appears to be a Colt Canada, which might make him a Brit.

Watch the video, he appears at the 30 second mark. They're saying he's a SEAL because of a patch seen below his pack.

From the video.

IMG_0352.PNG

From another article.

IMG_0353.PNG

Unlikely to be a SEAL. He is wearing his plate holder too low. Gun appears to be a Colt Canada, which might make him a Brit.

Good possibility.

But based on what was visible of his loadout, other observers have suggested he is much more likely to be a member of the United Kingdom Special Forces(UKSF), which includes the 22 Special Air Service Regiment (SAS) and Special Boat Service (SBS). He could also be from another British unit, as the British Armed Forces also have a significant conventional and special operations presence in Kenya, including the British Army Training Unit Kenya (BATUK).

His rifle appears to be similar, if not identical to the L119A2, a British version of the Colt Canada C8 Special Forces Weapon (SFW). The weapon's Aimpoint T2 is reportedly another common piece of U.K. special operations kit. Since 2013, Glock 17s have been the standard sidearms in the British Army Forces, where they are known as the L131A1.

Mystery Pirate Patch-Wearing Special Operator Jumped In To Help Kenyans During Hotel Attack

do operators wear skinny jeans?

Maybe he didn't have time to change into oper8tor clothing.

Amazon sells the patch (note: Made in China). [smile]

https://www.amazon.com/Blackbeard-Pirate-Patch-Edward-Battlefield/dp/B00YCT2CII?tag=bisafetynet2-20

Last edited:
"Runs a bit gimpy, looks overweight. Not what I imagined what a really real Seal would look like in real life."

This!

If they're not on duty and grab their shit to go out and fight the bad guys they do. My guess, and it's just that, is that special forces personnel don't march around in uniform when not actually on duty. In fact, I'd also guess that they are discouraged from doing so.

US seals have worn Jeans in operation, particularly in Nam. Green faces and Jeans, that's how they used to roll.
The guy in the pics is probably SAS or SBS. These guys are absolutely on par with Delta or ST 6. Top tier special operators. Even if slightly overweight, they can still kill your ass with a roll of toilet paper in 12 different ways. MI5 or CIA would be another possibility.

US seals have worn Jeans in operation, particularly in Nam. Green faces and Jeans, that's how they used to roll.
The guy in the pics is probably SAS or SBS. These guys are absolutely on par with Delta or ST 6. Top tier special operators. Even if slightly overweight, they can still kill your ass with a roll of toilet paper in 12 different ways. MI5 or CIA would be another possibility.

Denim in the jungle... sounds like the navy

Mike

Runs a bit gimpy, looks overweight. Not what I imagined what a really real Seal would look like in real life.

The dude at 1:20 tho, DEFINITELY a seal. [laugh]

I have to hand it to our little Kenyan Minuteman, when he heard gunfire, he geared up and ran to the sound of the guns. What's he got, a Tokarev?

(I look at least twice as ridiculous setting up a chest rig in my living room wearing shorts and sandals)

IMG_0355.PNG

Last edited:
I would be concerned about the Nairobi soldier backing up pointing his rifle in the direction of the civilians, if he tripped over the curb it would be lights out for those people.

"Where'd you get that steel pot marine? A museum?"
"That Kevlar didn't by any chance find it's way to the local pawn shop?"

"....no, no Gunny Highway....."

I need to get a patch. My operator beard only made people think I was a hipster so I went and bought some 5.11 gear. The results with them have been mixed and they sure put a dent in my wallet. If I can get a patch or two then certainly people would finally start thinking I was an operator. Can't wait.

US seals have worn Jeans in operation, particularly in Nam.
I don't think they had SKINNY jeans back then.
img_0352-png.264462

"Runs a bit gimpy, looks overweight. Not what I imagined what a really real Seal would look like in real life."

This!

You would walk funny too if you had all that gear on... [laugh] also who knows what the guy was doing before the film, its possible he f***ed himself up a little
bit running around.

Contrary to popular belief many of those guys are not big and ripped like Jesse Ventura or Richard Marchinko. Think more along the lines of like Julian Edelman, or even one or two steps more otherwise innocuous.

-Mike

My guess would be he’s retired and working in the private sector, and wears a near recognition symbol for those coming in behind him so they know who they can team up with confidently.

That's a great possibility, considering the number of PMCs floating around Africa.

-Mike

My guess would be he’s retired and working in the private sector, and wears a near recognition symbol for those coming in behind him so they know who they can team up with confidently.

That was my guess too- retired, now private sector. Possibly South African? I imagine a lot of those guys are happy to get the hell out of Dodge.

Back
Top Bottom