• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Interesting possible USN SEAL sighting

That was my guess too- retired, now private sector. Possibly South African? I imagine a lot of those guys are happy to get the hell out of Dodge.

With the amount of PMC’s all over Africa right now it could be any country that lets white guys carry rifles still, but if he’s a PMC (albeit the poser exception) not many would want to be called out for sporting a SEAL type patch, doesn’t do good things for your rep, and your rep is pretty much how you get the good gigs and not stuck riding an oil platform or guarding a fence.

You can get that patch from a damn coffee company.

Of course you can, I understand that. But when you’re actually working around these guys, it’s generally highly frowned upon to wear something you haven’t earned, and if you’re a PMC, word will travel fast that you’re a poser and it’ll be much harder to be accepted and get gigs when your contract runs out.

With the amount of PMC’s all over Africa right now it could be any country that lets white guys carry rifles still, but if he’s a PMC (albeit the poser exception) not many would want to be called out for sporting a SEAL type patch, doesn’t do good things for your rep, and your rep is pretty much how you get the good gigs and not stuck riding an oil platform or guarding a fence.

Mystery solved now by Darksideblues42, SAS. Gotcha regarding the patch.

Reason I mentioned South African because the guy reminded me of when I was in Marseilles in 2017 for work and a Kuwaiti Prince's mega yacht pulled into port. That particular security team was South African and every one of them though a little older looked like they were still in top physical condition. Actually I think that yacht was flying the SA flag too. There's always a lot of shenanigans in Marseilles, but none anywhere near that crew.

We’ll call it 50/50 lol. Not a PMC.
SAS, working with SEAL’s, so at least my near recognition signal was accurate. I imagine they work closely together. And now I wonder if the SEAL’s are also sporting some 22 patch or something so they can ID them on the quick also.

Regardless, good dudes, well trained, I’m grateful we have them.

Last edited:
We’ll call it 50/50 lol. Not a PMC.
SAS, working with SEAL’s, so at least my near recognition sign was accurate. I imagine they work closely together. And now I wonder if the SEAL’s are also sporting some 22 patch or something so they can ID them on the quick also.

Regardless, good dudes, well trained, I’m grateful we have them.

Especially when both groups (SAS and SEALs) were there training the Kenyans on this exact scenario.

Well done.

"The weapon he is clutching is a Diemaco C8 Carbine - standard issue for Special Forces soldiers.

A source told The Sun: "UK Special Forces always run towards the sound of gunfire.

"During the operation he fired off some rounds – it’s safe bet he hit his target – the SAS don’t miss.

"He is a long serving member of the Regiment, there is no doubt his actions saved lives." "

SAS hero 'stormed Kenya hotel with elite units to take on terrorists'

do operators wear skinny jeans?

This made me laugh out loud. Too funny. But do you know what a guy like that wears to a fire fight? Anything he wants. Especially because He would put two in my heart and one in my eye before I had time to suggest a pair of BDUs.

You would walk funny too if you had all that gear on... [laugh] also who knows what the guy was doing before the film, its possible he f***ed himself up a little
bit running around.

Contrary to popular belief many of those guys are not big and ripped like Jesse Ventura or Richard Marchinko. Think more along the lines of like Julian Edelman, or even one or two steps more otherwise innocuous.

-Mike

I work with an ex-SEAL...He has the physical build of a cross country runner...about 6'2" and very lean, almost skinny.

I work with an ex-SEAL...He has the physical build of a cross country runner...about 6'2" and very lean, almost skinny.
I have known a couple of folks formerly in those professions. One from the Australian SASR, one Canadian IRTF, the Canadian fellow looks like a lanky high school math teacher who like to run/bike/swim for fun, right down to the Need Flanders Moustache.

The Aussie is slightly bulkier, like a guy who was a rugby/football player in high school, broad shoulders, but lean. Nicest guy in the world, but his eyes never stop moving when we are out and about.

They both work for a Canadian customer of mine, and often bust each other's balls when we are out.

Back
Top Bottom