"Interesting" gun experience in Israel

You'll see chicks in Israel at the pool with M16 's or M4's or whatever. Its kind of hot.

there are a lot of hot women in Israel and a lot of them happen to be on athletic/skinny side. Hot women + guns, yeah, it's no brainer. I hope Swiss were like that, not a whole lot of blondes in Israel, but plenty with the injection from the post Soviet Union.

While pistols are often "Israeli carried" (mag in, empty chamber), rifles are never carried with a magazine in when off duty. Instead, you'll commonly see a special magazine attachment that connects the mag to the rifle via the magwell. This is a little hard to describe, but here's an image and some more info can be found here.

YAOTLAu.jpg

I don't recall whether they were using these for Tavors...last time I was in Israel they were still making the switch and I only saw a few Tavors here and there being carried on duty. Can't remember if they used the same device.

I own one of those. Was advertised as something else, and ended up being that useless thing. Tried to Karma it and nobody here wanted it.

Bring me a Tavor and we can see if it works. :)

While pistols are often "Israeli carried" (mag in, empty chamber), rifles are never carried with a magazine in when off duty. Instead, you'll commonly see a special magazine attachment that connects the mag to the rifle via the magwell. This is a little hard to describe, but here's an image and some more info can be found here.

I don't recall whether they were using these for Tavors...last time I was in Israel they were still making the switch and I only saw a few Tavors here and there being carried on duty. Can't remember if they used the same device.

And they also use a chamber safety flag, as you can see in the link.

He is not a captain in this pic, he is a flight cadet. IAF Flight School is near Beer Sheba which is in the Negev (desert), and so in Israeli terms it was probably pretty close to where this picture was taken [grin]

It was 40+ years ago. For all I know, it's a memory of a memory... I do remember the Uzi distinctly. I'm pretty sure his first name was David. I don't remember who told me he was a captain, though (and I don't really care, honestly - I'll amend the story). I do remember that he was friendly to an American tourist kid.

And I haven't a clue where we were. Only that the only things in sight were rock, sand... and a bus stop.

Back
Top Bottom