• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

interesting gun control documentary on...

tv right now over here in Ireland. The anti's here spit the same horseshit broken logic that the US anti's use.

All guns here have to be stored locked in a safe or metal cabinet and broken down. Pretty much no chance for self defense here.

Interestingly, they're talking about the rise in crime with the recession. Not just crime though, GUN crime (cuz you know that's different[rolleyes]). The anti's are suggesting that with the increase in crime, less guns should be owned by lawful people based on the idea that the criminals will target the gun owners to steal their guns.

Gee, maybe that wouldn't happen if you allowed the legal gun owners to store their guns intact at the ready.

It's too bad, Ireland has a long history of fighting against tyrrany and opression. How soon people forget their history. Truly sad indeed.

I am heading over there with the family this year. I was very disappointed to read that I cannot carry as much as a swiss army knife. You can basically only defend yourself with your bare hands. Really sucks.

I am heading over there with the family this year. I was very disappointed to read that I cannot carry as much as a swiss army knife. You can basically only defend yourself with your bare hands. Really sucks.

Even then you better wait until you are dead before you start to defend yourself. I know someone who got some guy who died's blood on him when a bar fight broke out. He just tried to quickly make an exit. Never through a punch. Got life in the slammer, got out after 15 years on good behavior. Of course he decided that his life sucked at the time and decided not to fight the charges cuz he said if he had gotten off he'd probably end up in the slammer sooner or later for something he had done so he ratherred be there for something he didn't do.

Very true, just look at Boston and MA in general. It is very sad how the place where the Revolution started has become worst then those it fought against.

Sooooo true. I was watching a interview last night about the "success" of the Mass. Health Insurance law. One of the guys being interviewed said something like "we had to be careful with this bill, Massachusetts is home to the Boston Tea Party and the Revolution. They don't take things lying down". [rofl]

Who is he kidding? Massachusetts does whatever it wants and as long as its residents can still watch Oprah in the morning, everythings fine.

protecting yourself

Using bare hands is fine if you are John L Sullivan.[grin]

Sooooo true. I was watching a interview last night about the "success" of the Mass. Health Insurance law. One of the guys being interviewed said something like "we had to be careful with this bill, Massachusetts is home to the Boston Tea Party and the Revolution. They don't take things lying down". [rofl]

Who is he kidding? Massachusetts does whatever it wants and as long as its residents can still watch Oprah in the morning, everythings fine.

True, usually on all fours, facing away from you.[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom