Interesting....for ladies, and men who like to wear skirts..

Wow those are ugly. Great idea, but definitely ugly. I think they need an update. The concept is great though. It looks like a skirt for an amish gunslinger!

Give someone a hug while wearing one of those, and they will say................

Everybody.... all together now.....................

"Is that your gun.................... or are you just happy to see me???"

LOL

It seems to be put into a holster that has velcro on the outside, and there is a velcro patch on the inside of the pocket that the holster will stick to. So it's hanging there but it's secured to the skirt.

Seems like a crazy design to me- you're supposed to put it on over your head & slide it down, and fasten LACES!!

I think it's an interesting concept though. Back when I first started getting into firearms I was still "holiness" Apostolic and I would have been interested in this, I probably would have considered making one of these myself. No laces though, gimme a break. [rolleyes]

I do like how it would let you wear something other than slacks/jeans whatever, or a skirt with a firm waistband (allow for a heavy belt), without resorting to that odd-looking holster that's like an elastic band around the waist. It looks hot and uncomfortable, like wearing a girdle.

I don't really like that odd little triangular apron, this one is a little more subtle I think-
ltgrnskirt.jpg

It's an interesting concept anyways, thank you Jenlynn!!

I'm not a chick but most of those look fugly to me. I cant see why someone would want to have that huge flap on the skirt. I won't even get into the whole "gun swinging around" thing.

-Mike

I haven't tried it yet (week nine on waiting for the Pistol Permit [frown] ) but I always thought it would be a good deal easier to hide a gun in the waistband of a skirt than pants.

I'm curious now- what suggestions would folks here have for a skirt that a woman could wear, and still conceal a gun- but without the heavy waistband, without a big elastic band across the waist? It's awfully hard to consider giving up all the nice, light, pretty skirts that are available- and those big fat elastic belts don't sound comfortable at all- any thoughts as to how this design could work, and not be so UGLY?

I haven't tried it yet (week nine on waiting for the Pistol Permit [frown] ) but I always thought it would be a good deal easier to hide a gun in the waistband of a skirt than pants.

I'm curious now- what suggestions would folks here have for a skirt that a woman could wear, and still conceal a gun- but without the heavy waistband, without a big elastic band across the waist? It's awfully hard to consider giving up all the nice, light, pretty skirts that are available- and those big fat elastic belts don't sound comfortable at all- any thoughts as to how this design could work, and not be so UGLY?

I think it is a great idea, and if I could sew, I would try it. I think something likr the smartcarry sewn into the waistband of the skirt would work.

I think it is a great idea, and if I could sew, I would try it. I think something likr the smartcarry sewn into the waistband of the skirt would work.

That's an idea- have to make sure it can handle the weight though.

What I'd really like to be able to do too, is wear dresses (not separates) and jumpers if I want to, and still carry. I've got some nice ones I'd hate to just leave in the closet all the time. A person can resort to wearing a shoulder holster with those and put a cover garment over them, but it doesn't sound very good for summer or light clothes, and that's half the reason to wear dresses is having light cool outfits- I've never tried it though.

You know what might work better- have horizontal panels down the front, and install hidden pockets. Or diagonal panels, or vertical, what-have-you. The entrance to the pocket would be hidden with the seam of the panel. The only thing is to keep the entrance to the pocket from gaping open, that is why they used an apron flap. It's a thought anyways.

I actually find it really easy to conceal while wearing a skirt. Hell, I could open carry an AR while wearing a skirt, and all people would see is a big ugly red faced German cross dresser

Not at all different from what we see now![smile]

Why wouldn't an inside the waistband holster not work with a normal skirt?

Just sayin

If there is ANY stretch to the fabric or elastic in it I have found that my skirt starts pulling down or twists. It looks stupid and I start having to readjust. Then I start worrying about it hanging out from under my shirt.This is with a 1911.
Of course, maybe if I could get hubby to buy me a nice little 'airweight' wheel gun this would not be such an issue[smile]

Back
Top Bottom