• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Interesting conversation with 2 anti's

Sorry to disagree but you can't normalize what has been radicalized. I would no more take a liberal to a gun range than I would take a radical muzzie. No sense in arming those who force their will on the nation.

Or not.

"If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain."

It is surprising to me that it is so hard for people to grasp this. The types that say things like "I don't want a gunfight in a school" when supporting gun free zones don't seem grasp that when a terrorist arrives, intent on killing people and dying in the process, that not having a gunfight isn't one of their choices.

There will be a gunfight. The only choice is the nature of that gunfight: one way, with victims on their knees getting shot in the back of their head, or two-way with the perp spending more time trying to not get shot and more people having a chance to run away.

One of the very few anti's I know is a teacher who works with a friends wife, she's the teachers union head too. She ABSOLUTELY thinks no teacher or anyone else should have a gun in school, it's too dangerous, weapons should not be in schools. She's a lost cause who literally has no knowledge about guns or laws at all but still has all kinds of ideas of new gun laws and bans. The only thing I've said to her was if someone with a gun ever goes to your school, see how throwing books and erasers works out for you.

The younger generations are very pro 2a, that's why we see the steady decline in support for an assault weapons ban, etc.

Or not.

"If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain."

There are different types of anti's, the closed minded, no nothings who want Nazi style gun control and anti's who didn't grow up with guns, don't have any idea about the laws or guns and fear the unknown. Some of these can at least be brought to a neutral stance with some education and range time. Most will be pro 2a once the myths and fear are dispelled.

Jim needs to open his mind to this as the fearful anti does.

The younger generations are very pro 2a, that's why we see the steady decline in support for an assault weapons ban, etc.

I don't think it's just the younger generations. People of all ages are buying more guns now than they ever did, and a good portion of these sales is for non fudd purposes, too. Even people who owned guns previously are buying more stuff. Friend of mine whose dad owned a couple of revolvers hadn't bought any handguns in over 20 years, and he just decided to buy 3 more this year.

-Mike

I don't think it's just the younger generations. People of all ages are buying more guns now than they ever did, and a good portion of these sales is for non fudd purposes, too. Even people who owned guns previously are buying more stuff. Friend of mine whose dad owned a couple of revolvers hadn't bought any handguns in over 20 years, and he just decided to buy 3 more this year.

-Mike

True. I guess I would put this way. The mid age and older people are more influenced by the danger, terrorism, crime, the younger generations are more pro 2a because their politics are more libertarian.

The changes are multifaceted so it's hard to explain the changes completely. The number of gun owners and guns are growing so quickly that those people influence friends and family and get them into it, etc. There are snowballs rolling in several directions and expanding gun ownership in so many demographic groups.

The WH spokesman, Josh Earnest, fretted last week the number of guns sold in the last 8 years and how many guns are out there. I think it said it was sad or something stupid like that. You can hear the hopelessness in their tone, they know the door has probably closed and they won't be able to open it ever again.

I think the antis have swallowed a bit too much of their own [bs2], namely their narrative that "shooting/2A support is an Old White Guy thing." After the drubbing they got in the 1994 elections, the Dems laid low on this topic for a good long while. Maybe they figure that by now enough of the OWGs from back then have died off that they can try pushing gun bans through again.

"Wait for the old folks to die off" certainly worked for African-American civil rights and same-sex marriage, as support for those mapped strongly to younger age demographics. I bet they think this works the same way. (ssshhh, nobody tell them!)

I am of the opinion and have structured my life that people like me and liberals cannot coexist in the same space. Yeah, maybe I have to smile **** some relatives this time of year, but other than that I do not associate with them. I don't take liberals on as clients, I don't talk to them, I walk away. I can honestly say I wouldn't stop to pee on a liberal if he was on fire.

Do what you want, but life is too short and liberals are too dangerous to have anything to do with them.

I am of the opinion and have structured my life that people like me and liberals cannot coexist in the same space. Yeah, maybe I have to smile **** some relatives this time of year, but other than that I do not associate with them. I don't take liberals on as clients, I don't talk to them, I walk away. I can honestly say I wouldn't stop to pee on a liberal if he was on fire.

Do what you want, but life is too short and liberals are too dangerous to have anything to do with them.

I work in biotech in Cambridge. [laugh]

I don't take liberals on as clients, I don't talk to them, I walk away. I can honestly say I wouldn't stop to pee on a liberal if he was on fire.

PBBTTT. You're squandering a great opportunity. I take money from liberals all the time, as a matter of fact, I charge them extra. Then I get jollies out of using the profits I made off them to buy guns and ammunition.

-Mike

So Saturday night my wife had a Hanukkah party at our house and invited her usual group of friends. The husbands of two of the gals are very liberal and anti gun. I usually see them a couple of times a year and inevitably they try to bait me into a conversation about guns that I try my best to avoid. Anyway as the evening wore on and a few drinks had been had they finally cornered me in the kitchen and of course they started talking about guns. I braced myself for the usual bull, but this time their was a slight twist. The one guy says that his son lives in California and he just found out that his son has a license to carry. He asked his son why he thought he needed a gun and his son's response was that he felt that one armed citizen could have changed the course of events in San Bernardino. And what if that happened someplace where he was with his wife and kids. My guest looked at me and said that as much as it pained him to admit it, that he could not argue with that logic at which point my other guest chimed in and agreed. Don't get me wrong, those two are far from supporters, but I was absolutely shocked by their admission. I guess that the thought of his son and grandchildren being at the mercy of those lunatics allowed in at least a small (very small) hint of common sense.

Not to worry. They'll go home and turn on msnbc and whatever common sense will be lobotomized out of them.

The even better news? His son had the permit likely before San Bernadino...There is no way even in a PRO gun state like NH that his Sheriff issued a CCW in two weeks....

Uhhh... I got mine in four days. Before a holiday. And I live in NH. My dad got his in RI in about 13 days and the RI statutory requirement is 90 days.

So Saturday night my wife had a Hanukkah party at our house and invited her usual group of friends. The husbands of two of the gals are very liberal and anti gun. I usually see them a couple of times a year and inevitably they try to bait me into a conversation about guns that I try my best to avoid. Anyway as the evening wore on and a few drinks had been had they finally cornered me in the kitchen and of course they started talking about guns. I braced myself for the usual bull, but this time their was a slight twist. The one guy says that his son lives in California and he just found out that his son has a license to carry. He asked his son why he thought he needed a gun and his son's response was that he felt that one armed citizen could have changed the course of events in San Bernardino. And what if that happened someplace where he was with his wife and kids. My guest looked at me and said that as much as it pained him to admit it, that he could not argue with that logic at which point my other guest chimed in and agreed. Don't get me wrong, those two are far from supporters, but I was absolutely shocked by their admission. I guess that the thought of his son and grandchildren being at the mercy of those lunatics allowed in at least a small (very small) hint of common sense.

Self preservation is the strongest of instincts after all.

There are different types of anti's, the closed minded, no nothings who want Nazi style gun control and anti's who didn't grow up with guns, don't have any idea about the laws or guns and fear the unknown. Some of these can at least be brought to a neutral stance with some education and range time. Most will be pro 2a once the myths and fear are dispelled.

Jim needs to open his mind to this as the fearful anti does.

Then there's the hoplophobes who cant get beyond their fear of guns. It's a condition that's more common than people think.

The even better news? His son had the permit likely before San Bernadino...There is no way even in a PRO gun state like NH that his Sheriff issued a CCW in two weeks....

Lol in NH the PD/town has 14 days, so yeah, 2 weeks is pretty common, actually a week or less is pretty common in NH. Many people in NH on this board have gotten their P/R license the same or next day from when they dropped off the app. At least one member here had the CLEO drive up to his house and drop the license off with the guy who it was issued to, right in his own driveway.

-Mike

It's sinking in .
The more it happens the more it will sink in.
No one is coming riding in at the last second to save you .
You will die long before the 911 call even gets made.
In CA. the Swat teams were training almost within earshot and they still killed with impunity and got away.
The fairy tale and unicorn theory that simply picking up a phone is and dialing a number will keep you alive is falling apart.

Some range invitations are more appealing than others.....
i-DhBT7Jj.jpg

My most anti-gun friend just allowed me to give a safety class to his son. Paris and San Bernardino have changed the average person's outlook.
I love that picture.

Anyway, I had a colleague say that he has always been an anti gun guy but with Paris and Cally he wondered if he should get a gun to protect himself. I just said that would be a good idea, you don't think the government is going to protect you do you?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You should have used that moment as a opportunity. told them you a willing to help them with training and getting their LTC's

Back
Top Bottom