• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Interesting article Guns of Ruby Ridge

And government has only gotten worse since then.

as have we as a nation, good mention there how both ends of the spectrum view this event in totally different light. We have grown further apart since then and in more directions than two, both extreme left and the right are licking boots now, while more offshoots have had enough. The spread grows bigger.

I'm pretty sure that one of those federal jack booted thugs is currently an anti-gun sheriff or CoP in some town in California.

Yup, Sheriff Gore

Last edited:
Literally, ordered to and I’m fact did commit murder. That’s not my opinion either. Vicki Weaver was murdered and Randy Weaver nearly murdered, and this was admitted to by the FBI and shooter himself.

The only reason Lon Horiuchi the killer wasn’t tried was because the feds granted themselves immunity by preventing the state from bringing charges so they could then drop them. The epitome of corruption and indeed tyranny.

Nothing special or exotic about the Weaver family's firearms. Mostly standard hunting rifles and shotguns.
The 1917 Enfield in .30/06 that Kevin Harris used to snuff the federal jackboot was interesting. The only Enfields that I ever fired were UK military surplus in .303 British.

Today we think of liberal men as soyboys with TDS. Make no mistake, many of them work in the FBI, CIA, local police etc..and they have a seething hatred and suspicion of you. Obama had eight years to stock the federal bureaucracy with them. God help us.

Timothy McVeigh justified Oklahoma City on the basis of Ruby Ridge and Waco. Ask yourself this: do you think Middle Easterners strap on suicide vest because they hate freedom, or because our government bombs them?

Literally, ordered to and I’m fact did commit murder. That’s not my opinion either. Vicki Weaver was murdered and Randy Weaver nearly murdered, and this was admitted to by the FBI and shooter himself.

The only reason Lon Horiuchi the killer wasn’t tried was because the feds granted themselves immunity by preventing the state from bringing charges so they could then drop them. The epitome of corruption and indeed tyranny.
The assistant FBI director literally changed the ROE to support shooting people up there who posed no immediate threat.
Cost the prick his job , but that doesn't bring people back from the dead.

Nothing special or exotic about the Weaver family's firearms. Mostly standard hunting rifles and shotguns.
The 1917 Enfield in .30/06 that Kevin Harris used to snuff the federal jackboot was interesting. The only Enfields that I ever fired were UK military surplus in .303 British.

The M1917 was basically a rechambered Pattern 14. The Patt. 14 was in .303, and the British were arguably in the process of ditching the SMLE in its favor when WWI intervened. There’s more to the story, but that’s the short version.

The Patt 14s were made in America, so when the US entered the war they just adapted it for .30-06 and sent it off to war. Many more American soldiers in WWI carried M1917s than Springfield ‘03s.

Last I remember Lon Horiuchi's Partner in that Shit Show works or did work for "Troy Industries" as some kind of trainer or instructor.

Deval Patrick's Ruby ridge comment,
An Idaho jury found Weaver not guilty on almost all charges and federal judge Edward Lodge slammed the Justice Department and FBI for concealing evidence and showing “a callous disregard for the rights of the defendants and the interests of justice.” A task force of 24 FBI and Justice Department officials compiled a 542-page report detailing federal misconduct and coverups and suggested criminal charges against FBI officials involved in Ruby Ridge. Patrick rejected the task force’s recommendation, ruling instead that the FBI sniper who killed Vicki Weaver had not used “excessive force” and did not intend to violate her civil rights.

I was a young man in 1992 and this event forever changed my position on the feds. I distinctly remember rooting for the Weavers and how the shooting of Sammy and Vicky hardened my stance.

It's iconic.

The problem with icons, is that they're unreal, and one an read into them, whatever one wishes.

Was George Washington the Father of our Country, or a Cracka?

Was Columbus a brave explorer, or a genocidist? (not sure if that's a real word, but I like it)

A lot depends upon your perspective, as there is precious little that is considered to be established fact, anymore.

Back
Top Bottom