• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Interested in Joining Westford

Greetings!

I am new to the sport; just applied for my LTC - Class A in Lowell, Ma (waiting for it to come in the mail now).

I am looking for a place to join and saw that Westford has a 24 hour range, this is key due to my ever changing work schedule.

Are there any members of that club on this site that would be willing to show me around alittle (just a quick tour); I read that you need to be endorsed by two other members (though you can show up at a membership meeting and get the signatures).

However, I would like to check the place out before I just show up to join. Get an idea of the layout and the rules; as well as meet a few of the people there so I can see if it is a good fit for me.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan,

If someone hasn't replied to you directly I can give you a quick tour. It's better to see during the daylight hours so that means this weekend (based on my work schedule). I should be available most of the weekend. PM and we can set something up. You'll want to make it to the membership meeting on the 1/19/2009 and the general meeting 2/2/2009.

I joined Westford a couple of years ago after looking at all the other options in the area - they seemed to have the best combination for me.

The indoor pistol range recently got updated with new ventilation. There has been some work done on the outdoor pistol range too over the summer.

If you need somebody to show you around I could meet you there some weekend. Like Lord said - contact Kmaurer - he is very active there.

If you are looking for a club that has a very nice indoor pistol range you might want to also check out Tyngsboro Sportsman's Club. They have a very nice - recently done - indoor range.

Howie is a member there and a member here on NES, you might contact him for a tour if you are interested. The club is directly off Rte 3 so it is easy to get to.

I'm planning to be there this Sunday afternoon and I'd be happy to show you around. Send me a PM with your contact info.

Back
Top Bottom