• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Instructor Renewal

I just got my renewal letter too, see attached. I assume I just send the letter, my updated NRA certification and a check to the address on the letter? Rob, I only made it as instructor 504.

Attachments

• BFS Renewal Letter 2017.pdf
    339.9 KB · Views: 44
What is needed or how does someone go about becoming an instructor?
1. Get NRA instructor certification

2. Apply for the MA instructor certificate - not sure of the fee, but minimal. You will need a copy of your LTC and NRA cert plus a fee (might be $10, not sure)

The NRA Instructor cert says that the NRA basic pistol is a pre-reg... is any MA LTC training class certificate good enough, or does it need to be the NRA course?

Thanks Rob, but I'm not sure that answers my question... maybe it does, but I'm not understanding.

I took an LTC class years ago (obviously), but it wasn't an NRA Class.... is my MA LTC class good enough to now take the NRA Instructor Course?
You would have to ask an NRA training counselor, but I don't think there is any pre-req to the instructor other than a certain level of knowledge and basic marksmanship ability. I know I did not have to present any NRA training cert to take the instructor course back in 87.

Just got an email with my renewed credentials, good for another 10 years. Filled out the two page doc, postal mailed it in with a check for $25 (maybe $50, I forget) and 30 days later I get an email with all the renewed materials. I also got to keep my low 50x instructor cert number

Thanks Rob, but I'm not sure that answers my question... maybe it does, but I'm not understanding.

I took an LTC class years ago (obviously), but it wasn't an NRA Class.... is my MA LTC class good enough to now take the NRA Instructor Course?

You just need to find a course near you and sign up.

Put your zip code in here and select the course you want to take. They usually combine Pistol,rifle,shotgun and home safety into one course.

You can also look in neighboring states. You don’t need any special qualifications.

NRA Training

You just need to find a course near you and sign up.

Put your zip code in here and select the course you want to take. They usually combine Pistol,rifle,shotgun and home safety into one course.

You can also look in neighboring states. You don’t need any special qualifications.

NRA Training
New rules, you have to take each student level course before NRA will allow you to take the same instructor level course. So there are no short-cuts anymore.

Back
Top Bottom