Instructor needs advice

I was presented with this issue yesterday in class after the testing was done, we found that one of the questions ( How to dispose of ammunition ) was not covered in the NRA Presentation or class book guide.

However it is covered in the Student Basic Pistol Shooting Guide, is there a presentation that matches the NRA Handout Guide so they can follow ?
or any suggestions that will help to get out all the information in the Guide, I would really hate to teach from it only

I was presented with this issue yesterday in class after the testing was done, we found that one of the questions ( How to dispose of ammunition ) was not covered in the NRA Presentation or class book guide.

However it is covered in the Student Basic Pistol Shooting Guide, is there a presentation that matches the NRA Handout Guide so they can follow ?
or any suggestions that will help to get out all the information in the Guide, I would really hate to teach from it only
How about just adding a new slide into your Power Point presentation to cover it.

I just mention it while covering the ammo storage slide... I mention dud cans at the ranges as a way to dispose of bad ammo, and laugh at what kind of hazmat response there would be to a buried ammo find. They remember that!

I always mention Dud cans, contacting the ammo manufacturer, or contacting your local PD for their suggestions if you shoot on a non-club range and/or if you dont reload. I have not added anything to my powerpoint presentations. I just explain it verbally.

i had 2 boxes of 20 ga shotgun shells that got nasty after my basement flooded one year. brought then to the police station, gave them to them, no problem. they took care of it. if i only have a couple the dud can or i pull them apart and save the brass

i had 2 boxes of 20 ga shotgun shells that got nasty after my basement flooded one year. brought then to the police station, gave them to them, no problem. they took care of it. if i only have a couple the dud can or i pull them apart and save the brass

They should have given you a gift card in exchange. ;-)

I always make a point to mention this during the ammunition portion, I also mention the dud buckets and when we get to the range portion, I point out the bucket during the range orientation.

I mention the dud box and also suggest that a container filled with a penetrating oil would be another good means of rendering the duds "dead". I always laugh at the lack of a suggestion on the part of the NRA on the issue.

Back
Top Bottom