• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Instructor Killed in AZ by 9 year old firing an Uzi

Holy Crap, shitty all around. So many things done different could have prevented all of it. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

- Have her do a few more semi-auto rounds
- Stand behind her instead of next to her
- Still have a hand on the gun

This poor kid is now going to have to live with the fact that she accidentally took a life. I hope she gets counseling soon and often.

Don't read the comments if you are already having a good day.

Navah read the comments

- - - Updated - - -

If this involved a mini or a micro uzi then whoever owns that place is ****ing retarded. It's stupid to have either of those as a rental gun even for unqualified adults, nevermind allowing children to shoot it.

-Mike
+1

failing hard.

guy made us all look bad, now he's dead. little girl is gonna be traumatized by the event, parents were... who knows where they were. they may have been physically present, but it sounds like their grey matter wasn't firing on all cylinders.

disgusting.

failing hard.

guy made us all look bad, now he's dead. little girl is gonna be traumatized by the event, parents were... who knows where they were. they may have been physically present, but it sounds like their grey matter wasn't firing on all cylinders.

disgusting.

Check the video (if it's actually this incident), they were behind the camera simply watching.

Any one time a firearm does damage its all over the fu(kin media. The MILLIONS of times a gun in the hand of the law abiding stops a crime or saves a life? Crickets.

What the media wrote a story every time someone was injured in a car crash like they do about firearm accidents?

There are idiots in this world and accidents happen. This is all an overt attempt to continue to push a disarmament agenda.

Heart breaking story. Poor little girl will be scarred for life and most likely a rabid anti after this.

I have no problem with kids that age shooting small caliber single shot guns, but a FA Uzi is freaking stupid.

i dont believe the initial act of letting her shoot the UZI is stupid, i think letting her control basically by herself is stupid

Very unfortunate sad event for sure for the 9 year old and her family. In addition to the fact she took someone's life, she will fear guns forever because of this. [frown]

Unfortunate for the "Instructor" and his family but he was the one who should have made sure the weapon was safe amongst a bunch of tourists that probably never handled a gun before.

Bullets and Burgers appears to be a Vegas tourist attraction

One of their promo videos, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqI6dD3OEEE

Their YouTube video page with a bunch more promo videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/bulletsandburgers/videos

Last edited:
I've got a tiny 11 year old daughter, I would not let her shoot an UZI. I'm pro-gun and she is learning to shoot. This thread will NOT end well.

Holy Crap, shitty all around. So many things done different could have prevented all of it. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

- Have her do a few more semi-auto rounds
- Stand behind her instead of next to her
- Still have a hand on the gun

This poor kid is now going to have to live with the fact that she accidentally took a life. I hope she gets counseling soon and often.

None of the above actually.

The real problem is giving anyone without skill a handgun length barreled anything before muzzle and trigger control is developed.

You see the natural order of things is rifle, rifle rifle,...handgun. That is how God intended it to be. These self defense, concealed carry first time gun owner abominations are ruining the holy marriage between man and steel.

The above was recycled material from the homo/farm thread....

I've got a tiny 11 year old daughter, I would not let her shoot an UZI. I'm pro-gun and she is learning to shoot. This thread will NOT end well.

She was shooting it fine. Recoil was not an issue. It was her muzzle and trigger control that sucked. And for a (assumed) new shooter these failures fall directly into the instructors lap.

Upon reviewing the video recoil was an issue. The firing of a second string caused her hand to slip from the foregrip making a perfect swivel point.

Last edited:
A disabled grip safety could cause an incident like this. That said, my 9 yo grandson, Little Jack has probably put close to 1000 rounds thru my Grease Gun. However, not one single round has ever been fired without four hands on the gun. Unlike the little UZIs, it has some weight to it, a stock and a slow rate of fire. Jack.

this is a horrible thing to happen. I can only imagine the horror that poor little girl went through and the parents watching. While I feel bad as well for the instructor loosing his life this is 100% on him. This is a instructor fail to the fullest effect. I have no problem with the age of the girl or the firearm of choice. but the instructor should have been behind her and had his hands over hers to ensure she could manage the recoil.

Ditto. I only put one round in a gun if I even remotely think there is an issue with a new shooter. It's how I taught wife and my kids.

This!! My wife and her friend wanted to shoot my AR. It's not that I didn't trust her friend, but I wasn't sure how she would react, having only fired a .22 before this. I loaded 1 round, to see how she would react to it. She was fine, and then I loaded 10 in the next mag.

i'm 38 years old, 230LBs and a former army machine gunner....

when i go to Monadnock to the car shoots and whatnot and go over to the NFA section, whoever owns the particular firearm i'm firing, either has a hand on my shoulder or hovering over it....

i'm glad the "instructor" was the only one killed in this scenario and not that little girl.....

Same here....my 10 year old girl only shoots her single shot Crickett and loves it.

No way in hell I'd let her handle an Uzi. Hell, I don't even let her shoot my Sig P238.

She'll stay on her Crickett until I'm confident she can handle a slightly larger caliber. And even then...it will be single shot until she proves she can handle it.

I Feel for the kid. Very sad.

i'm 38 years old, 230LBs and a former army machine gunner....

when i go to Monadnock to the car shoots and whatnot and go over to the NFA section, whoever owns the particular firearm i'm firing, either has a hand on my shoulder or hovering over it....

i'm glad the "instructor" was the only one killed in this scenario and not that little girl.....
Indeed and there are some guns that require more or less instruction and/or a different venue. Those with more rise require more berm or being closer to it.

The instructor completely failed here. Shoot this gun at all? Hard to say, but as Jack points out, if you are going to do that, you need to be prepared and able to control it for the shooter if you are not 110% sure they can.

Think what you'd need to do with a chainsaw or driving a car and the same age child? Same rules apply to doing it all and if so, what additional measures need to be taken to ensure your chainsaw, car, gun don't hurt anyone.

Just like any power-tool, there is knowledge, wisdom and capability to consider with allowing a child access to it.

This act of "parenting" requires a broader societal knowledge and familiarity with the risks. There is no excuse for this instructor's fail and he paid with his life. Sadly, the child will pay as well, I hope she's getting the support she needs.

I'm a very capable shooter and I wouldn't handle a full auto Uzi with more than a couple rounds in it to start until I'm comfortable shooting it

Yeah, that's definitely a mini, he's a retard for even allowing others to shoot the thing in FA, let alone a 9 year old. That's the type of gun where, on a good day, if you rented it on an indoor range half the rounds from it would end up in the ceiling, because the people shooting it have no clue of how fast it climbs.

-Mike

Indeed and there are some guns that require more or less instruction and/or a different venue. Those with more rise require more berm or being closer to it.

The instructor completely failed here. Shoot this gun at all? Hard to say, but as Jack points out, if you are going to do that, you need to be prepared and able to control it for the shooter if you are not 110% sure they can.

Think what you'd need to do with a chainsaw or driving a car and the same age child? Same rules apply to doing it all and if so, what additional measures need to be taken to ensure your chainsaw, car, gun don't hurt anyone.

Just like any power-tool, there is knowledge, wisdom and capability to consider with allowing a child access to it.

This act of "parenting" requires a broader societal knowledge and familiarity with the risks. There is no excuse for this instructor's fail and he paid with his life. Sadly, the child will pay as well, I hope she's getting the support she needs.

right, i fully plan to teach my children with single shot .22s
.22 short if i get a rifle that'll do shorts and LRs.....

if and when they shoot anything bigger, it will be after they demonstrate they can handle things safely and little hands won't be the only ones on the firearm......

I made the mistake of going to the comments section. There are some sick sick people to say the least. One thing was fir sure, every gun owner that posted agreed on how stupid it was to give an Uzi to a little kid especially full auto and a mini to boot. So sad for that guys family and that little girl is going to be traumatized for a long time. To anyone who wants to make sick jokes about this you've got issues and you need ****ing help.

Yeah, that's definitely a mini, he's a retard for even allowing others to shoot the thing in FA, let alone a 9 year old. That's the type of gun where, on a good day, if you rented it on an indoor range half the rounds from it would end up in the ceiling, because the people shooting it have no clue of how fast it climbs.

-Mike

This. The cyclic rate on a mini is pretty high.

- - - Updated - - -

A disabled grip safety could cause an incident like this. That said, my 9 yo grandson, Little Jack has probably put close to 1000 rounds thru my Grease Gun. However, not one single round has ever been fired without four hands on the gun. Unlike the little UZIs, it has some weight to it, a stock and a slow rate of fire. Jack.

Yeah, but you're actually responsible and holding the gun. If the instructor had the brains to do the same this wouldn't have happened.

Back
Top Bottom