Instructor Discounts Thread

Anyone had any luck contacting Leupold about getting NRA instructor discounts?

They told me last year that they did not have one. They do participate in IHEA though.

They also have limited offerings on Promotive. The prices on at least their AR223 scopes is pretty good.

P.S. I have also changed to a new theme on http://firearms.fortreg.com. I was getting complaints from folks who didn't realize you had to click on the article to get to the inststructor discount links/documents - that was a function of the previous theme, not by my choice. You can click on them anywhere now.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long it takes Ruger to ship? I placed an order well over a month ago and they still haven't even cashed my check. I know that they received it as they called me about 2 days after I mailed it to verify my FFL. Just wondering if I should call them or should I just learn that word "patience" that my wife keeps yakking on and on about.

4-6 weeks seems to be the norm for a lot of instructor sales. I would assume they are somewhat less of a priority since a lot of the times the discounts are near or close to cost.

Ruger can be SLOW.

CJKarl on these boards is a friend of mine. He waited close to 6 months for a Ruger.

By the way, I checked on the SR1911 and no instructor sales yet. It should be under $500 when it does go on sale.

Everyone may not knowthis, but Ruger will sell any gun at an instructor discount provided its not way oversold like the 1911. Just call them if its not on the form and they will hook you up.

Don

If it's well stocked they're FAST. I got my LCR about 4 days after they received the order; they didn't even cash my check for about 3 weeks!

Just found out that they had shipped my order 2 days after they received it. My order's been sitting at my FFL for over a month! They just cashed my check today, 6 weeks later!

Hi everyone, new instructor here. Has anyone gotten the info from Remington on what they offer instructors? Thanks.

Will Perry
NRA-Instructor / Northern CA

Any early word on 2012 (or at least carried-over 2011 discounts)? I've got my eye on a S&W 686 (possibly 686+), but the sheet says it's only valid til 12/31/11. I'll have to give them a call and see what the deal is for '12.

Just found out Ithaca will do dealer pricing for instructors, though there seems to be some discrepancy between their website and claimed pricing, e.g.

Model 37 Defense, 12ga, Wood stock, 5-shot
Claimed MSRP: $639
Instructor/Dealer Price: $533
Website MSRP: $539

Either way, that doesn't seem too impressive for a supposed dealer price.

[thinking]

Last edited:
I hate to be "that guy" - but does anyone have any 2012 info?

ETA - Nevermind. I didn't realize Remat457 had a different section on his page for 2012. D'oh!

new to the forum

New Instructor here. I see we can get a discount with Pro Ears. It does not really seem like a much of a discount. I was wonder if there were any other brands we can get a discount from on ear protection? What about disposable ear plugs? My training counselor said if we emailed certain ear plug companies they will send bulk packages of samples. Has anyone tried this?

I recently picked up a Dan Wesson Pointman 9 1911. Instructor cost was about $100 less than my dealer cost, and no sales tax.

Its a great gun, in case anyone wants a really nice 9mm 1911 hand made in Norwich, NY out of 100% American parts. (They use a lot of Ed Brown parts)

Beretta says that they'll give NRA Instructors the same prices as dealers. In order to qualify send scan your current credentials card and send a copy to [email protected]. Then phone 1-800-BERETTA, Ext. 1369 to get specific information about the gun you're interested in buying and to place your order. AFAIK they don't publish a price list for this program.

Ken

S&W 2012 now available

The S&W 2012 list is now available on firearms.fortreg.com. They added Walther and T/C!

P.S. the Beretta program is for long guns only

Hello,

I am new the forum. I found my way here from following links about NRA Firearm Instructor Discounts.

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with Smith & Wesson and their program. I ordered from them through the program some 8 weeks ago and have never heard from them. I sent an email to a person who was their program coordinator and all she said was there was a backlog and have heard nothing more. She also told me they do not even send an email when your order is shipped. Something even CMP does do.

Just wondering if anyone has had the same or better experience

Hello,

I am new the forum. I found my way here from following links about NRA Firearm Instructor Discounts.

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with Smith & Wesson and their program. I ordered from them through the program some 8 weeks ago and have never heard from them. I sent an email to a person who was their program coordinator and all she said was there was a backlog and have heard nothing more. She also told me they do not even send an email when your order is shipped. Something even CMP does do.

Just wondering if anyone has had the same or better experience

I have not ordered anything from S&W, but I was going to a couple of months back. When I called to ask, they said that they were so backed up that it would not make sense to order anything before sometime in 2013. Probably not the info you're looking for, but that was my experience.

I have not ordered anything from S&W, but I was going to a couple of months back. When I called to ask, they said that they were so backed up that it would not make sense to order anything before sometime in 2013. Probably not the info you're looking for, but that was my experience.

Nope, not what I wanted to hear but at least now I know.

The M&P 40c will be use strictly for students so I can wait. Just wish they would keep people better informed.

Walther does offer a discount, I sent S&W an email asking about discounts and they sent me a complete package in the mail for their full line. I have to say they give some awesome discounts.

Rick

Back
Top Bottom