• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Instructor certs and nonres LTCs

DarthRevan

NES Member
Have any of you moved out of MA and still been able to instruct using a non res LTC?
What steps did you need to take if you were able to keep doing it?
Thanks

Yes, you just must have an unexpired MA NR LTC. No grace period, thus if it expires and you don't have the new one yet, you can't give the students the MSP certificate. Nothing more complicated than that.

Yes, you just must have an unexpired MA NR LTC. No grace period, thus if it expires and you don't have the new one yet, you can't give the students the MSP certificate. Nothing more complicated than that.
Sounds easy, Len. Thing is though the Certificate has the instructor fill in their LTC expiration date. Might still work but would look kinda wrong and a local LTC issuer might question it.

Just keep in mind the NR will take months. I have a 4mo delay I am waiting though until my appointment.

Sounds easy, Len. Thing is though the Certificate has the instructor fill in their LTC expiration date. Might still work but would look kinda wrong and a local LTC issuer might question it.
Huh?

The date you give the class, the NR LTC must be valid. If it expires before they issue the LTC that is irrelevant (and the same if a Resident LTC instructor filled it out).

Huh?

The date you give the class, the NR LTC must be valid. If it expires before they issue the LTC that is irrelevant (and the same if a Resident LTC instructor filled it out).
What I was getting at is that the instructor LTC expiration date on the cert would show expired on the date the class date is shown on the cert, even though the instructor's LTC is still valid because of a delay in issuing a new LTC to the instructor.

Back
Top Bottom