Insane looking stock for a SBR: Maxim Defense - CQB Gen 7

It's NOT for an SBR, it's a pistol brace.

Daniel Defense is using it on their newly released .300 Blackout pistol. A friend of mine works for them, he has that brace on one of his truck pistols and showed it to me last week. It's very similar to SB Tactical's SBPDW brace, but it's a touch shorter. I have SB Tactical's SBPDW on one of my AR pistols and like it a lot. Only thing not to like is the cost of either - they're expensive.

Maxim's brace is a touch shorter than SB Tactical's.

Stock picture, (from link below):
1579767871750.png

It's NOT for an SBR, it's a pistol brace.

Daniel Defense is using it on their newly released .300 Blackout pistol. A friend of mine works for them, he has that brace on one of his truck pistols and showed it to me last week. It's very similar to SB Tactical's SBPDW brace, but it's a touch shorter. I have SB Tactical's SBPDW on one of my AR pistols and like it a lot. Only thing not to like is the cost of either - they're expensive.

Maxim's brace is a touch shorter than SB Tactical's.

Stock picture, (from link below):
View attachment 326564

The product OP linked to is, in fact, a stock.

The brace you’re referring to is a separate product.

I love it.
+1 work of art.

Yup what’s not to love about it....oh yeah, the price tag. I have ARs that were built for cheaper than that.....before the boating accident of course.

$459 for the stock and does not include their proprietary buffer system seem steep.

FNG here and all my ars and lowers are pre Hitler. I mean healey. Long for days when I can build an ar cheaper than a maxim stock. I see several boating accidents in my near future.

Meh, I'd like it better if it was not skeletonized. Those cutouts don't look like they make for a comfortable cheek weld.

Also CQB stocks like this have been around for awhile.

1. Fully customizable with FOUR positions. Well, no. That's not very customizable. I'm thinking a stock M4 stock is 4-position. (I think. I've not owned one in a long long time.)

2. Looks heavy.

3. Looks complicated. I don't get the side-rails even do for you.

4. Looks EXPENSIVE. You could buy almost a whole AR for that.

I have a similar SB brace, it’s not bad but it’s not great either. Wobbly, heavy, cold and or very hot (depending on season) steel arms on your face during cheek weld, and seems to always find ways to pull any facial hair right out.

Actually prefer the old simple stocks.

1. Fully customizable with FOUR positions. Well, no. That's not very customizable. I'm thinking a stock M4 stock is 4-position. (I think. I've not owned one in a long long time.)

2. Looks heavy.

3. Looks complicated. I don't get the side-rails even do for you.

4. Looks EXPENSIVE. You could buy almost a whole AR for that.

In theory, they allow for a more collapsible design, giving you the smallest overall length. That's because rail designs can have very thin butt plates. More traditional AR collapsing stocks that slide over the buffer tube will add an inch or more to the end of the buffer tube when collapsed. These appear to add just millimeters. They tend to make more sense for guns without buffer tubes though, as you can drive the stock all the way home to the receiver. I'd love an AR10 with one, but damn...MA.

But I agree, overly complex. I do really like how they look, but I also see it as another needless point of potential failure.

Yup what’s not to love about it....oh yeah, the price tag. I have ARs that were built for cheaper than that.....before the boating accident of course.

$459 for the stock and does not include their proprietary buffer system seem steep.
Skinflint!

I have a similar SB brace, it’s not bad but it’s not great either. Wobbly, heavy, cold and or very hot (depending on season) steel arms on your face during cheek weld, and seems to always find ways to pull any facial hair right out.

Actually prefer the old simple stocks.
I'm back to this again...

Buddy of mine has that stock on a SBR, it's metal sex.

For that price, it should pleasure me while I'm shooting though. <cue the black rifle coffee video>

Back
Top Bottom