• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

INS stamp required

Thanks everyone I will contact my INS company but it is stupid all my other vehicles are on the same policy..no INS required..

Is the registration renewal date for your 2003 truck and the annual renewal date for your insurance policy are close to one another? So when RMV goes to print your registration renewal package the RMV system sees your insurance policy ending before your new registration would go into effect and stamp required. I have this problem on one vehicle. YMMV.

I left AMICA after 30+ yrs over this issue. Registrar of MV told me to have insurance company cancel my policy and re-issue on a date that wouldn't trip the need for an insurance company stamp. AMICA agreed to do it and never did, numerous requests acknowledged and then ignored. That per RMV is the only solution that works for those of us on automatic payment/renewal.

Happens to me every two years as well. I got told basically the same as Len - the renewal dates for my insurance and my registration align such that the RMV's system thinks my insurance has expired or some nonsense.

The fact that a physical stamp is even still a thing is absurd. The whole damn system is electronic anyways.

It depends on the reg exp date in relation to the insurance policy exp date. Last I knew the ins policy had to be valid for 90 days past expiration in order for the system to allow renewal without the stamp.

Back
Top Bottom