Input on a trigger mod

I have a gen 4 G19. Im planning to order this kit: Wolff SD trigger spring kit

I had this kit in my model 21 a couple years back and loved it. Never had a problem with it and want to do the same in the 19. I'm thinking about going one step further and replacing the stock connector. I just came across the Zev V4 connector and it perked my interest. Can anyone tell me if this connector would be well suited for this application with the SD spring upgrade? Should I look at a different connector, say NDZ or Ghost? In my mind, the SD spring kit should drop the trigger pull weight about a pound (so 4.5ish?), and adding the connector would further improve trigger feel, and get the weight down perhaps a bit more to 3.5-4? Is my thought process right, or am I not even close?

I also see this NDZ 3.5 connector with the Wolff SD spring kit: here and the Ghost here

For my Glocks, I do this

.25 Trigger job
Wolff 5lb Striker spring (don't go below 5lb IMHO, if you do, you could get light strikes)
Zev Trigger spring kit (toss their striker spring, too light)
Double Diamond 3.5 Connector (I tried others, I think this is the "crispest", hated the Ghost).

You can also swap the G4 trigger bar for the G3. I did, but it was mushier so I put the G4 one back in (my other glocks are G3)

You will not really get a 3.5lb pull, but it will be a lot better than stock.

Now my disclaimer! Do this at your own risk!!!! Test the gun thoroughly, and if its a self defense gun, you should leave it alone!!!! (Safety and reliability and all that)

Editing to add:

I also swapped the safety plunger on two of my "for competition only" glocks for a Stainless Zev one. On the others, just a fluff and buff. Do not use a titanium Safety plunger, they wear, even the Tin coated ones. Stick with stock or Stainless.

I also on one of them swapped the striker for a Zev Lightweight Striker (Stainless).

All that work and my VP9 still has a better trigger!

Last edited:
I had the v4 connector in my 34. It's great but there's no wall at all before the break. It just breaks. Good for a competition set up but not the best for carry. Usually. Good polish job on trigger bar and safety plunger. Toss in a 5 or 4.5 striker spring and a 3.5 or 4 lb connector and you'll have a smooth controllable breaking and fantastic resetting trigger set up. And every thing Chris said as well!!

I have a zev v4 3.5 connector in a Gen 4 G17 and it works very well. I had tried lonewolf 3.5 connectors also but the Zev got my trigger pull down a little lower.
The stock G17 gen 4's were coming out of the factory at 6.5lbs.

Here is my setup:
- zev v4 3.5 connector
- wolf 5lb firing pin spring
- wolf reduced safety plunger spring
- glock oem gen 3 trigger assembly
- really good polish job with a dremel

This got my trigger pull down to about an average of 3.8 lbs. The very minor spring changes have proven 100% reliable.

If the 19 is your carry gun then I would keep it close to stock in order to maintain reliability. Changing out the connector is fine but messing with springs may or may not be depending on what you shoot, how it wears, dirt, etc.

$0.02 What I do to range or competition guns is different than how I treat guns specifically intended for self defense. That is not to say they can't all be used for SD, some just have other primary uses.

I just have a zev connector in my Gen 4 G19 and wow, what a difference. I'm happy and won't be doing anything else if I can help it. Ofcourse this is a NH glock so not sure if the trigger is different from yours to begin with??

If the 19 is your carry gun then I would keep it close to stock in order to maintain reliability. Changing out the connector is fine but messing with springs may or may not be depending on what you shoot, how it wears, dirt, etc.

$0.02 What I do to range or competition guns is different than how I treat guns specifically intended for self defense. That is not to say they can't all be used for SD, some just have other primary uses.

Agree with this 100%.

x2
I've gone thru a lot of trigger setups (ZEV, Agency, Haley, DEM, and a couple others.)
They made me miss the stock trigger feel every time.
I'll tell ya nothing beats the stock trigger components, that glass break is unmatchable.
The only thing I change is the trigger shoe and the STOCK OEM GLOCK 3.5 lbs CONNECTOR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will point out one exception: When I buy LEO turn-in Glocks from an online vendor, I swap the mushy New York spring for the stock Glock spring. I consider this "returning to stock configuration".

Now my disclaimer! Do this at your own risk!!!! Test the gun thoroughly, and if its a self defense gun, you should leave it alone!!!! (Safety and reliability and all that)

I couldn't agree more. I love tinkering with things but I will not carry a modded gun.

...until I have put 1K rounds through it w/o a failure. I'll accept the occasional light strike as long as the gun is DA/SA like my PT-111.

Fair enough. If I had to carry a modded gun I would agree that >1000K rounds and no failures would satisfy.

I assume you mean "occasional light strike" to mean, 1) the bullet doesn't exit the barrel and 2) it happens less than once every thousand rounds.

I have a gen 4 G19. Im planning to order this kit: Wolff SD trigger spring kit

I had this kit in my model 21 a couple years back and loved it. Never had a problem with it and want to do the same in the 19. I'm thinking about going one step further and replacing the stock connector. I just came across the Zev V4 connector and it perked my interest. Can anyone tell me if this connector would be well suited for this application with the SD spring upgrade? Should I look at a different connector, say NDZ or Ghost? In my mind, the SD spring kit should drop the trigger pull weight about a pound (so 4.5ish?), and adding the connector would further improve trigger feel, and get the weight down perhaps a bit more to 3.5-4? Is my thought process right, or am I not even close?

I also see this NDZ 3.5 connector with the Wolff SD spring kit: here and the Ghost here

Even reading this makes me gag a little bit.

Unless this is a range toy, just drop in a 3.5 Glock OEM connector, change the sights, maybe an oem ext slide catch, maybe a vickers mag release (if you even need it) otherwise stop thinking about it and be done with it. Changing springs is just asking for trouble. Nearly every glock I've seen **** up has been some frankengun modded to hell and back. Stay away from "there" unless you want to become "that guy".

Most of this shit that is sold for Glocks is designed to liberate you from your money and it doesn't really get you that much in reality.

If I really had to get more than just that, I'd be looking at an Apex, Agency, or some other kind of drop in trigger where the geometry of the trigger itself improves things without ****ing with the operation of the gun. That's still going full retard, though.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't agree more. I love tinkering with things but I will not carry a modded gun.

I carry modded guns all the time. I just make a conscious decision to stick to stuff that is reliable and well tested.

-Mike

...until I have put 1K rounds through it w/o a failure. I'll accept the occasional light strike as long as the gun is DA/SA like my PT-111.

After experiencing 3 rounds of factory ammo over the years that simply refused to go off no matter how many times the primer is struck, there is no way in hell I would ever rely on second strike.

"Second Strike" is the epitome of "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result".

-Mike

I think I'm going to start with the V4 connector and take it from there. I figure by doing this I can reassess after each step to determine whether I want change something more, or if Im happy with where its at. I just watched some review videos on the Zev flat faced trigger and the Apex. People seem to really love the change so I may consider this.

thank you for the helpful replies. and those worried about me, I never said it was a carry gun. I shoot paper and steel with this gun. If I feel comfortable and confident with its performance after any mods, after many rounds, then i wouldnt hesitate to carry it. I know some people get a case of the eye rolls when others mod their guns, but IMO if you work for your money, and spend said the hard earned money on the gun, then by all means modify if you choose. Just be aware of how the mods may affect the internal safeties - like how reducing pre travel too much with the Zev fulcrum can render the drop safety useless.

Just be aware of how the mods may affect the internal safeties - like how reducing pre travel too much with the Zev fulcrum can render the drop safety useless.

I have the the Zev fulcrum. So is this a bad time to recommend it? LOL

If you want to go full retard, then the Zev is great compared to stock. On my other G19, Dremel polish and replaced the connector and safety plunger spring. The Wolff springs were giving light strikes so I put the OEM springs back. Works well. Good luck.

I have the the Zev fulcrum. So is this a bad time to recommend it? LOL

If you want to go full retard, then the Zev is great compared to stock. On my other G19, Dremel polish and replaced the connector and safety plunger spring. The Wolff springs were giving light strikes so I put the OEM springs back. Works well. Good luck.

Lol not at all. Just a feature people need to keep in mind. The more I shoot glocks, the more I want to swap the trigger. I shoot the stock glock way better than any stock m&p because, well, it's not an m&p. I shoot a stock glock just about as well as an m&p with the apex upgrades. But man I hate the round trigger face. My groups are acceptable but with glocks I'm always left of center. I shoot a baseball size group dead center with my sr1911 as well as my buddies glock with a flat face trigger. Although he went full retard as it is his comp gun with a 2lb trigger and very little reset which I do not want

Lol not at all. Just a feature people need to keep in mind. The more I shoot glocks, the more I want to swap the trigger. I shoot the stock glock way better than any stock m&p because, well, it's not an m&p. I shoot a stock glock just about as well as an m&p with the apex upgrades. But man I hate the round trigger face. My groups are acceptable but with glocks I'm always left of center. I shoot a baseball size group dead center with my sr1911 as well as my buddies glock with a flat face trigger. Although he went full retard as it is his comp gun with a 2lb trigger and very little reset which I do not want. I'm a tinkerer. I can't leave anything alone.

I'm on the fence about this one. I have two Glock 19's. One is bone stock the other has incrementally had almost everything swapped out.
The modded glock has:
Taran Tactical 3lb connector
Taran Tactical Master Springs
Trijicon HD Sights
Glock smooth faced trigger (from a g34)
Glock Store Stainless steel guide rod
Polish job on frame and slide parts

The modded gun is fun to shoot and the trigger is most excellent, but in reality I shoot the bone stock Glock just as well. I would carry either because I have shot and test each extensively without any hiccups.

My one gripe about the physical glock trigger is that it is uncomfortable to shoot (will put a blister on your trigger finger) after about 400 rounds. This is really only a range problem.
That why i swapped out the trigger with the smooth faced trigger that came with my G34 which I had swapped for a Zev Fulcrum. The trigger original from the modded glock was polished so I put that in the bone stock glock which took care of the gritty take up.

HOWEVER beware of interchangeably. After a month with the stock glock smooth faced trigger I noticed that the trigger safety dingus would not consistently reset. I put the stock trigger from the stock glock back into the modded glock and performed a function test and the gun would not fire. I had to remove the lower rear pin to get the mechanism to fire to disassemble the gun. So one stock glock 19 trigger bar would not work in another Glock 19.
I am putting a Zev (non adjustable) trigger into the modded gun to take care of the trigger dongle issue and to make it more fun at the range.

Bottom line is swapping parts can have strange unforeseeable results. Anytime i change any component in any gun I take it to the range as soon as possible and put 200-300 rounds through it and evaluate the results. If it was my carry gun, I would put it through the wringer before putting it on my hip. I would also keep it as close to stock as possible.
With a duty Glock. Sights, minimal polish and connector is really all you need and that is all just icing on the cake. There really is nothing wrong with a bone stock Glock. It's just personal preferences and then training and testing the system you have chosen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom