• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Input for a gun club

Been looking around to join a club. Was looking for peoples input on clubs they belong too. I'm from Ashland , Ma. so looking for something close. Plus I haven't shot in awhile so maybe a club with a barn I could shoot at until I can zone down to a real target. LOL. Thanks.

Last edited:
If you are ok with handgun calibers only, Mass Firearm School is great.

Few if any fudd rules. But also let’s in the general public.

Holiston MA

Last edited:
I currently go to mass firearm but am looking for something closer. It’s a nice range right down the street from Shaws in Ashland

what caliber rifles are allowed? And do the still not allow FMJ ammo? If so how hard is it to find 9mm not in fmj

The Hopedale range now allow fmj ammo. Pistol calibers from .22 to 50 S&W Magnum.

Rifle calibers allowed are: .22 rimfire; including .22 Winchester Magnum and “.22 Mini- Mag” Cartridge and the following rifles in handgun cartridges:
a. .32 S&W Long
b. .32 H&R Magnum
c. .38 Special
d. .357 Magnum
e. 9mm
f. .44 Special
g. .44 Magnum
h. .45 Long Colt
i. .45 ACP

.17 HMR is NOT allowed in either pistol or rifle.

Last edited:
Both Hopkinton Sportsman and Southborough Rod & Gun are close to Ashland and they both offer indoor and outdoor ranges. I'm a long time member of Southborough and would be happy to show you around.
Ok. Thanks. I was narrowing it down to Hopkinson and Southborough. I'll reach out when I'm ready to tour it.

WWW.SouthboroughRodandGun.com

There's a 2-gun match Sunday AM, and the Trap and Skeet fields open at Noon. Stop in, and ask for a Nickel Tour.

Good shooting club. Rifle, Pistol and Trap have special events pretty much every month. Not cliquey. Shooters of all abilities and experience welcome.

Is this for members only or is it open to members of the public? Normally multigun matches are on Practiscore and this isn't.

All are welcome. It's a Club Match, not something that's posted to other places, but you should be able to play.

From the announcement email:
2-GUN SHOOT - SUNDAY February 2nd

No theme is planned for the February 2nd 2-gun event.

To participate in the match you will need a center-fire rifle and pistol. It is recommended that you bring two magazines of 10 rounds for each firearm.

Large capacity magazines are acceptable.

If you don’t have an appropriate rifle or pistol, simply show up for the match. There will be an assortment of rifles/pistols that you can try out.

The safety briefing and course of fire overview will take place at 9:45 AM, with first shots at 10:00 AM

IF nothing else, you'll get to meet some folks.

Back
Top Bottom