Inline Fabrication gear for Hornady LNL - my impression.

I know that some of you use Dan's stuff (Inline Fabrication), but I just wanted to post my thoughts as I just grabbed a bunch of gear from him for the first time. First off, let me say that I am in no way shape or form associated with Inline Fabrication or the reloading industry aside from being a general consumer of reloading goods.

I ordered the Ultramount, Double Bullet Tray Holder, Skylight lighting system and the shortened ERGO Handle all for the Hornady LNL. When I opened the package, I immediately noticed that one of the two red Arko bins was severely cracked. Not a good sign I thought. I pulled the rest of the gear out and everything else looked good. All parts (except the two Arko bins) were wrapped in bubble wrap and a thin foam paper. Looks like the mailman decided to play a little bit of street hockey with it before he delivered the package to me! Okay, I'll deal with that later.

With everything unwrapped, I carried my stash down to my dungeon where my presses reside. I unmounted my LNL and started to set everything up. Actual set up was easy. Instructions were nice and clear and pretty straightforward. Within 30 minutes, everything was mounted and ready to go. The toughest part was finding a nice clear path for the lighting wires to run that didn't interfere with the press or be in the way of my workspace (I'm also very anal and like things nice and neat - I blame the Marine Corps for that!). Not terribly difficult, but I spent about 10 minutes out of the overall 30 minutes of setup time just on that. I also drilled a hole in my workbench for the spent primer tube to drop through now that it was mounted on top of my bench instead of in front of my bench.

Now that everything was set up, I was ready to go. Seeing how I already had a bunch of 9mm brass ready to go for my Lee progressive press, I pulled those dies off of there and transferred them to my LNL so I could try my "new" press out. Holy Snickey Batman! It was like a new press! The mount was rock solid and looked good too (black shiny powdercoat). The new ERGO handle was so much more comfortable to cycle through. For those of you with LNLs, there was no more bending way over or twisting your shoulder way down to cycle the press fully through. The two bullet trays placed my bullets in very close proximity to the bullet station on the press (I don't yet have the Bullet Feeder) and the Skylight system lit up the press floor like the sun. Visually checking my powder is so easy now. The only problem I had was the seriously cracked bin could not handle a heavy load of bullets. Well, now its time to test their customer service to see if I could get that replaced.

I am an Operations Manager for a company where customer service is a major part of our business. To me, problems happen but how you resolve them matters far more than the fact that a problem or error occurred. The first part of trying to resolve this issue was to find out how to contact them. I went to Inline Fabrication's website to see if I could find any contact info. Dan (the owner) clearly marked his email address so I sent him an email explaining the problem and sent him a couple photos of the broken tray. The next step now was to see how many hoops they were going to make me jump through in order to fix this problem. Within a couple hours he had sent me a humorous reply apologizing for the problem and sent me the tracking numbers for the new bin. Fast and efficient with no hassles or hoops. I was impressed.

I rarely write up reviews on reloading gear as people are very finicky and tend to sit clearly in color coded camps. However, I was so impressed with this guy's gear and customer service I really wanted to pass my impressions on. Plus he makes his gear for all the different colored presses so whatever color is your flavor, you can find gear made for you. Granted the gear is still new to me so I don't have any real data on its longevity but it appears to be made extremely solid and should last a lifetime.

For whatever its worth, there's my two cents.

Last edited:
I agree!!! They are a good Company and the products are designed very well. I bought their version of the strong mount for my 2nd Dillon 550B and offset handles plus the skylights for both of my presses. The strong mount is nice and sturdy. The offset handle are fantastic and the skylights along with some inspection mirrors I mounted to to presses make viewing each case a breeze. I am an Engineer and like to tweak things so when I contacted Dan for some "product ideas and enhancements" he seemed genuinely thankful and he didn't just blow me off.

They get an A+ in my book

My Inline Fabrication L-N-L standard ergo handle from Dan is BY FAR the single best investment I've made thus far when it comes to "auxiliary" reloading purchases.

I'm another satisfied Inline Fab customer. Ultramount, dual holder, LED light, die racks, ergo handle:
F055F93A-81B0-4939-82E0-150BAF34E5AF-701-00000094DF9C7D91.jpg

Check out my patented Dillon powder-check die mod:
AB0D556A-44D2-4F79-A725-BF867AB5BC59-701-00000094D91E1C43.jpg

Nice set up. My set up is on a mobile workbench that I built. I don't have the world's largest basement and half of the basement I turned into a bar (complete with beer coolers and tap system - a mandatory mod when we bought the house!). The other half is mostly my workshop (I do woodworking as a hobby) along with some storage and our washer/dryer. Thus, my reloading area has to be mobile so I can move it out of the way as needed. So far, its worked great for me (it has locking wheels so it doesn't move when I'm reloading). Here's my LNL with the new accessories. I also have a couple Lee Progressive presses and a MEC shotsell reloader as well. 1-20131121_175715.jpg 2-20131121_175754.jpg

Back
Top Bottom