INjustice? Kavanaugh - HAVE we been 'played,' in the grandest manner...???

Peaceseeker

NES Member

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiObm7dtcyA&feature=youtu.be

IS it possible....a rhetorical question, of course....that the cast of characters, appearing on
the soap opera with chart-bustin' ratings, was but a grand, most-masterful put-on, to rally
the Troops 'round a guy, who, IF this info. were known/exposed, they would quite oppose...???

Nah. This info. just got....left in the dust of lesser-importance to the real issue...

That's gotta be it. Right...?? Please, set me at-rest.....

IS it possible....a rhetorical question, of course....that the cast of characters, appearing on
the soap opera with chart-bustin' ratings, was but a grand, most-masterful put-on, to rally
the Troops 'round a guy, who, IF this info. were known/exposed, they would quite oppose...???

Nah. This info. just got....left in the dust of lesser-importance to the real issue...

Prior to finding this video, did you not read anything about the guy past the fact that Trump appointed him? There were a few of us talking about his faults but it was all so drowned out in all the MAGA! and schadenfreude circus posts. Admittedly, I was swept up into it as well, but I also knew he was not Constitutional angel.

But hey, he thinks semi-automatic rifles are in common use, so MAGA!

^^^What he said.

Here's the problem, OP, contempt for the 4th Amendment is bipartisan, probably why the Dems went with lyin' sloots instead of this issue.

Click on video for Ben Swann making this point.

Last edited:

I am probably going to end up being the lone dissenting voice, but a lot of these privacy concerns are way overblown especially when it comes to internet or cell phone privacy. The reality is when I surf over to google and start doing things then my information is being logged to their servers. They have my IP at that moment and probably a bunch of other bits of information they glean from my computer. It's the price for having all these cool websites that work on the iphone as easily as they do on a desktop. If I visit a website and the site records that I visited, then do *I* own the record of my visit or does the site? If you think I do then how far down the rabbit hole do we want to go? If the site sells my visit to a company that wants to cross-sell me something do I still own that data? As far as I'm, concerned my privacy ended the second I started tapping on the phone screen or browsing sites. My privacy ended at my fingertips, not on google's servers.

If the guy in this video wants to vent his frustration at deteriorating privacy then it should be aimed at the big tech companies that are in bed with the government and allow all of the hooks into the software, done mostly so they could sell their junk in China. If you want to get mad then get mad at organizations like the NSA sending teams of mathematicians into security conferences where they offer tweaks to existing security protocols that create inherent weaknesses only they know about and can exploit.

As for me, I'm going to stick with Zimmerman's law "The natural flow of technology tends to move in the direction of making surveillance easier, and the ability of computers to track us doubles every eighteen months". The golden days are gone and it's only going to get harder to keep one's self and their own affairs private.

I am probably going to end up being the lone dissenting voice, but a lot of these privacy concerns are way overblown especially when it comes to internet or cell phone privacy. The reality is when I surf over to google and start doing things then my information is being logged to their servers. [...]

If the guy in this video wants to vent his frustration at deteriorating privacy then it should be aimed at the big tech companies that are in bed with the government and allow all of the hooks into the software, done mostly so they could sell their junk in China. If you want to get mad then get mad at organizations like the NSA sending teams of mathematicians into security conferences where they offer tweaks to existing security protocols that create inherent weaknesses only they know about and can exploit.
Absolutely the case, and absolutely mad at the tech companies that are turning info over without a warrant... But there's a lot of BS surrounding this as well - How many people do you know that wanted privacy when their guy wasn't in office but bleated about Apple being unpatriotic or whatever for refusing to unlock the CA shooter's cell phone?
As for me, I'm going to stick with Zimmerman's law "The natural flow of technology tends to move in the direction of making surveillance easier, and the ability of computers to track us doubles every eighteen months". The golden days are gone and it's only going to get harder to keep one's self and their own affairs private.
Still doesn't mean that we ought to be making it easier for the government to search/watch without warrant and then allow that or parallel construction fabrications in as evidence.

I am probably going to end up being the lone dissenting voice, but a lot of these privacy concerns are way overblown especially when it comes to internet or cell phone privacy. The reality is when I surf over to google and start doing things then my information is being logged to their servers. They have my IP at that moment and probably a bunch of other bits of information they glean from my computer. It's the price for having all these cool websites that work on the iphone as easily as they do on a desktop. If I visit a website and the site records that I visited, then do *I* own the record of my visit or does the site? If you think I do then how far down the rabbit hole do we want to go? If the site sells my visit to a company that wants to cross-sell me something do I still own that data? As far as I'm, concerned my privacy ended the second I started tapping on the phone screen or browsing sites. My privacy ended at my fingertips, not on google's servers.

I think that Kavanaugh is a major net win!

and : Is Zimmerman's law related to Moore's law?

Wikepedia: Moore's law is the observation that the number of transistors in a dense integrated circuitdoubles about every two years. The observation is named after Gordon Moore, the co-founder of Fairchild Semiconductor and Intel, whose 1965 paper described a doubling every year in the number of components per integrated circuit,[2] and projected this rate of growth would continue for at least another decade.[3] In 1975,[4] looking forward to the next decade,[5] he revised the forecast to doubling every two years.[6][7][8] The period is often quoted as 18 months because of a prediction by Intel executive David House (being a combination of the effect of more transistors and the transistors being faster).[9]

Moore's prediction proved accurate for several decades, and has been used in the semiconductor industry to guide long-term planning and to set targets for research and development.[10] Advancements in digital electronics are strongly linked to Moore's law: quality-adjusted microprocessor prices,[11] memory capacity, sensors and even the number and size of pixels in digital cameras

This is the crux of the issue, very well put.
Do I like it? Of course not. No one does. But this is the true price we pay for "free" internet. I read recently that the cost for an anonymous internet would have been $12 per person, per year. But everyone thought it would have been unfair to people of low income, and in economically challenged countries. And in truth, to many, it would have been unfair and deemed a luxury.
It makes me wonder, how many of us would be willing to pony up for privacy?
And forget about boogle and faceplace, everyone knows they are evil, it is the .gov that is scary.

I think that Kavanaugh is a major net win!

and : Is Zimmerman's law related to Moore's law?

Wikepedia: Moore's law is the observation that the number of transistors in a dense integrated circuitdoubles about every two years. The observation is named after Gordon Moore, the co-founder of Fairchild Semiconductor and Intel, whose 1965 paper described a doubling every year in the number of components per integrated circuit,[2] and projected this rate of growth would continue for at least another decade.[3] In 1975,[4] looking forward to the next decade,[5] he revised the forecast to doubling every two years.[6][7][8] The period is often quoted as 18 months because of a prediction by Intel executive David House (being a combination of the effect of more transistors and the transistors being faster).[9]

Moore's prediction proved accurate for several decades, and has been used in the semiconductor industry to guide long-term planning and to set targets for research and development.[10] Advancements in digital electronics are strongly linked to Moore's law: quality-adjusted microprocessor prices,[11] memory capacity, sensors and even the number and size of pixels in digital cameras

Zimmerman basically restated Moore's law but applied it to privacy. This is the same Phil Zimmerman who invented PGP encryption and then had his home and business raided by the government. They took everything this man owned and kept it for years without ever pressing charges. They wanted to nail him for allowing high-bit encryption (greater than 1024 bit) to leave the US, but it had nothing to do with Zimmerman. Once enough people had downloaded the app it crossed international borders all on it's own. He was eventually cleared but it took many lawsuits to have his life put back together. It was one of the lawsuits that put the fledgling Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) on the map.

That incident was the teaching moment for me when I realized that the government wanted foreigners to have encryption that could be easily cracked for surveillance purposes or to have the american people use weaker encryption that could be easily and trivially broken.

Psst. Little secret folks.

Liberals generally support 4A and 5A rights.
Conservatives don't.

That's the problem.

Neither support 1A rights.
Liberals don't support 2A.

If you like liberty for all. You are a libertarian. Not a conservative.
Didn't libs just pass EPRO (aka "Red Flag") lawrs in MA and a large number of other states?

How does that support 4A or 5A?

In that case its due process vs guns.

In most cases where its about due process or warrantless searches/seizures, its the libs who come down on the side of liberty.

Does the term "law and order conservative" mean anything to you??

Yeah, when its convenient for them.....

Much like "conservatives" supporting 2A when its convenient....

Also BTW, if you ask the average moonbat on the street what the 4th amendment is, will they even know?

Now if were talking lawyers, sure.... I'd be more apt to agree with you.

Then again I think that stuff is squishy. For example, are there really liberal jurists that would stand up, hard, on 4A protections on a typical white guy gun possession case? I doubt it.... the "because guns" doctrine gets invoked and everything goes to shit- and in that moment you're looking for the someone better than the norm....

-Mike

In that case its due process vs guns.

In most cases where its about due process or warrantless searches/seizures, its the libs who come down on the side of liberty.

Does the term "law and order conservative" mean anything to you??

Unless it's someone they don't like, namely anyone conservative , especially gun owners of course.
When it's a supreme court justice they don't like the whole basis of law in our country can go pound sand.
Liberals hate every facet of the constitution, it gets in their way.

It doesn't change the fact that ON AVERAGE, liberal supreme court justices stand up for 4A and 5A rights more than conservative ones do. That is the reality.

All of you need to recognize that real conservatives are no friends of liberty.
And if you think you are a conservative and ARE a friend of liberty, you are most likely a libertarian. PqyikiB.jpg

I like that graphic but people don't all fit neatly into boxes like that. I consider myself a conservative libertarian. I believe in most personal liberty ("tolerance of other's personal choices"), until the point where it starts affecting or has the potential to affect me. So as an example, I voted no on MA Question 3 and I suspect that issues like that cause a rift among libertarians. People can choose to identify how they want, but how much can the government compel people (and businesses) to agree with that identity? There is also an obvious degree of necessary regulation on morality. For example, killing innocent people is objectively immoral and the government should regulate that. Unless you're one of those moral relativists or a true anarcho-capitalist type libertarian and you believe in the NAP?

It doesn't change the fact that ON AVERAGE, liberal supreme court justices stand up for 4A and 5A rights more than conservative ones do. That is the reality.

All of you need to recognize that real conservatives are no friends of liberty.
And if you think you are a conservative and ARE a friend of liberty, you are most likely a libertarian. View attachment 253406

The only problem I have with the libertarian party is (a) they always get sucked down a rabbit hole when the conversation inevitably turns to legalizing drugs (something I'm not comfortable putting next to my name) and (b) being a 3rd party has gotten them literally nowhere. A few minor candidates here and there. So although I look at the LP and see lots of kindred spirits, I sometimes wonder if they would be better off coming under the republican umbrella and change the system from the inside instead of always watching other people on the debate floor. It's a shame that so many people who believe in the same things I do end up cancelling each others votes out.

I did vote for Harry Browne when he ran in the 90s though. I thought he was awesome and I have become a fan of his books.

Psst. Little secret folks.

Conservatives don't.

That's the problem.

Neither support 1A rights.
Liberals don't support 2A.

If you like liberty for all. You are a libertarian. Not a conservative.

So what might you get when a Republican/Conservitave president makes a nomination they think will play well with Liberals/Democrats?

Liberals don't support 2A

They support the well regulated part even though regulated did not mean the same thing in the 18th century. Conservatives tend to support the right to keep and bear arms but they also tend to forget the shall not be infringed part.

Back
Top Bottom