#@%&ing Caterpillars

the little green ones are Winter Moths. i use Captain Jacks deadbug...it is organic bacterium.

I use insecticidal soap in a sprayer. It kills soft body insects very easily but it requires being vigilant because it only kills on contact and does not stay on the plant after spraying.

It's a holocaust over here on our fruit trees and maple trees.
I despise these things.

Winter moths. Had my trees sprayed yesterday and there's nothing but little green corpses littering the driveway now! [smile]

Polonski Tree Service in Wilmington does a great job and their spray also kills a variety of other pests including mosquitos. 781-944-2103

About the only good thing from these things is the part of the lawn they crap on looks fantastic. I still want to nuke them from orbit.

We are trying to figure out the appropriate caliber to use for shooting caterpillars. [wink]
Who's with me on 410? [smile]

If that was my yard, I'd be putting down Imidacloprid granules as soon as the trees start to bud, and watering them in. Trees take it up and the leaves become toxic to the buggers. No need to reapply after a rain.

working in the yard today, and still picking those bastards out of my head, chest, and underwear. l'il buggers seem to have a way of working their way down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom