• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Inexpensive rotary tumbler

My guess is that that item is a Chinese Thumblers knock-off, and I'd seriously consider buying the real thing. I've had a big Thumblers for more than 30 years and, except for having to replace belts every decade or so, it has worked flawlessly; more importantly, the company is still in business and you can reach them.

That said, the small tumbler is small; I'd urge you to go for the big one, which will handle on the order of 300 or so 9mm or .45 rounds or a couple of hundred .223 in one batch.

Good price, but I think too small for even a casual reloader. If the whole thing is less than 5" high, the actual tumbler can't have an OD of more than 3" and I doubt you can get many cases in there. You can get a vibratory tumbler designed for reloading from Midway for only $5 more.

I had a drum tumbler and found it very inconvenient to have to stop the machine and unbolt the cover to check progress. It was also more than a little noisy.
I gave it away and bought a vibratory tumbler. Works great and holds about half an ammo can of brass at a time.

I have used inexpensive tumblers in the past, but bit the bullet and bought a Dillon tumbler and boy am I a happy camper. Well worth the extra money. I have the small model which is more than adequate for my needs, but I wish I had bought the big one.

Back
Top Bottom