• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

INDY Gun Owners Need Help With Poll

of course like all slanted Polls on guns the answer that I think best suits isn't there.

I'd have to say that most gun laws have no effect on criminals buying guns.

The best bet is to ban gun entirely, and enjoy a strong drop in gun crime....while Violent crime skyrockets (Because being beaten to death by a cinder block so SOOOO much better getting a gun shot [rolleyes] )

Or allow all law-abiding citizens to Conceal carry, and let the Goblins get thier GHP "medicine" [smile] [mg]

-Weer'd Beard

Not knowing Indiana gun laws it's difficult to make an intelligent choice. Like WB I highly doubt that criminals follow the law anyways. Now if the choice was to let honest citizens CCW or not there would be no question what I would answer.

...but during this past legislative session, they passed a bill aimed at gang members that makes possession of phony identification a crime.

Ummm, maybe the LEO of the board could answer this one...

But isn't having fake IDs against the law anyway? Don't they get you for falsifying documentation or something like that???

I still have a problem with this question since it is so vague. But in other news from Indiana:

"Lethal force in self-defense is legal, Indiana law says"

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060322/NEWS01/603220444

Indiana has become the third state to join an emerging national debate on self-defense, making clear that people have the right to use deadly force when threatened without first trying to back away.

However, according to the Brady Bunch:

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence has labeled such legislation "shoot-first" bills. Peter Hamm, a campaign spokesman, said Indiana's bill is "horrible" and "a big mistake."
"It's really a potentially dangerous solution to a nonexistent problem because there is not a scenario of legitimate self-defense anywhere in the country that doesn't get treated by juries, prosecutors and police as self-defense," Hamm said.

I'd like to see them try shooting in self-defense in the People's Commonwealth and then make that same statement.

C-pher said:
Ummm, maybe the LEO of the board could answer this one...

But isn't having fake IDs against the law anyway? Don't they get you for falsifying documentation or something like that???

It's like all these gay-bashing laws that make it illigal to harm gay people.

Hey beating up on ANYBODY is wrong....and we already have a law for that!!! [rolleyes]

We can adopt all the "gun controll" laws we effing want....but it won't do jack-crap unless they actully ENFORCE the laws.

Kinda like that MANDATORY 5 years in prison for any gun crime (How that translates to 15 days Time Served and 2 years parole....)

of course if WE bend the laws ourselves even if the system lightly pats our wrists we actully LOOSE somthing....our 2nd amendment rights...a right that these a-holes never had in the first place!

GRRRRRRRRR

-Weer'd Beard

Back
Top Bottom