Indoor Steel Plate match @ Hopkinton Wed 2/28/2018 6 PM

Will you be coming?

• F-Yeah! I need to warm up the pistol.

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Nah, I just like to sit here and type about shooting.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Well... I'm still stuck on my emergency call

But from that picture it looks like it's jamming

Okay, that was fun! First time doing something like this and it won’t be the last for me.

Oh, advice for first timers......don’t keep the chip!

I'm torn that you guys can't make it but holy cow, everyone else did. We're jamming.

Stopped by and had a great time (although shot like crap, which is not to unusual for me :rolleyes: ) It was Very crowded, but everything went smoothly. The procedure to get on a match was a little foreign to me, but once you do it, it is pretty straightforward, they explain it to everyone from the beginning. It does work. I was able to shoot in four matches/rounds.

Don't know the exact shooter count, but it was run smoothly and safely. SO's right behind you keeping things safe.

It was my first time at their club. Very easy to get to, friendly members, plenty of parking, and good amount of safe area.

I'll come back to this event again.

Jay

Guilty as charged! I have a feeling #8 is somehow going to haunt me even after returning it.

Let's suggest you're permanently #8 in every future event at HSA. :D

It was my first time as well, and if it wasn't for everyone looking for the #8 chip and reminding everyone not to keep them after it happened once, any one of us newbies could have done the same.

Stopped by and had a great time (although shot like crap, which is not to unusual for me :rolleyes: ) It was Very crowded, but everything went smoothly. The procedure to get on a match was a little foreign to me, but once you do it, it is pretty straightforward, they explain it to everyone from the beginning. It does work. I was able to shoot in four matches/rounds.

Took me about two watching everyone else before I figured out how it all worked. It may have been being explained, but there were a lot of people there all talking at once, not to mention one or two people shooting :D

Last edited:
some kind of visual cue showing what round we were in would be basically the only thing I would add to the entire experience.
it was pretty crowded , but I must say the people that were there were all very friendly and welcoming and the guys running it were great.
I wish that club was closer to me , I'd join in a heartbeat.

some kind of visual cue showing what round we were in would be basically the only thing I would add to the entire experience.

I mean, I guess I could go buy those cards that they hold up during wrestling matches, take my shirt off, and walk around holding them up . . . y'all aren't going to like what you see, though.

I mean, I guess I could go buy those cards that they hold up during wrestling matches, take my shirt off, and walk around holding them up . . . y'all aren't going to like what you see, though.

that may be a bit overkill, but if you're comfortable doing that I say go for it LOL! .....................but we may heckle you a bit :)

that may be a bit overkill, but if you're comfortable doing that I say go for it LOL! .....................but we may heckle you a bit :)

Judging by how much brass flew well behind the line last night, I think I'll at least need to insist upon wearing a cape to protect my back. Hope that doesn't add to the heckling.

A dry erase board with at least the relay number would help.

I was seriously impressed with how smooth it ran, though. Great job.

Wish I shot a little better, but kind of weird going from .22 bullseye all winter to 9mm plate shoots. Especially using someone else's gun. Lol

I seem to dial in by the third and forth relays, but was unfortunately paired up with great shooters and knock out right off the bat. Funny how you can lose, but feel great because you finally get dialed in and have a great run.

Judging by how much brass flew well behind the line last night, I think I'll at least need to insist upon wearing a cape to protect my back. Hope that doesn't add to the heckling.

There was some serious shrapnel flying. Trick was just to position yourself behind someone bigger. Lol

There was some serious shrapnel flying. Trick was just to position yourself behind someone bigger. Lol

Ohhh, so that was you that kept ducking behind me? [grin] Yes, we do get splash-back especially when people jerk the trigger and hit the angle iron instead of the plates........... This is why I am hyper vigilant about everyone having good eye protection.

I'm so glad to see all of the positive comments especially from new/first timers. We try very hard to make sure everyone knows what to do and that we run a safe and efficient match. There WERE some very good shooters there last night and so that is why we have the extra target/s for relay winners. Along with the random draw for initial pairings, it makes it about as fair as we can.

So, now you all know even more details from the remarks here, (Sorry Olympus Racing) I'll give you all a heads up now.
I will run at least one more of these on March 21st so mark it on your calendars and tell the boss you have a very important appointment that evening. I'll start a new thread and have it posted on the HSA web site post haste.

Thanks to those who came and especially the great RO team at Hopkinton who did an awesome job once again.

Now that you have the itch, watch for our monthly USPSA matches the first Saturday of the month starting in April.

Back
Top Bottom