• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Indoor Steel matches @ Hopkinton resume Wednesday 11/20/2013

Steel match @ Hopkinton Sportsmen ! 11/20/2013

Hopkinton Sportsmen's Association
95 Lumber St, Hopkinton, MA 01748-230
Date: Wednesday 11/20/13.

Time: 6:00 PM till everyone is out of money or ammo.

The match: $3.00 per entry; 8 man relays; $6.00 to winner; $3 for second place.

The targets: 8 Inch Plates; 2 side by side racks. Man on man. 8 person elimination "pyramid". Relay winners will get an extra target for subsequent entries.

Equipment: Any safe handgun 38/9MM or larger; semi or revolver. Iron sights only.
If we have enough people with dot sights, we will run an "open" relay.

Procedure: Muzzle on table, finger off trigger, Timer/buzzer start. First one to knock down their targets wins.

Safety: IPSC/USPSA - Safety rules, Firearms in holster or "bagged" No handling of firearms other than on the firing line or the safety area.

Come on down and have some fun. Bring lots of ammo. We keep shooting as long as people want to sign up.

Optional dinner afterwards at the Dynasty restaurant down the street.

http://www.hopkintonheavyhitters.org/#!plate-matches/c1bp

Thanks for the heads up Mike. As of right now, I'm flying out to NY tomorrow morning but if that changes I'd love to be there. I haven't had a chance to shoot since the MRGCI car shoot. Yeh, that long.

So with the 8 person elimination "pyramid", would a person out for the night if they loose after say their first round?

Also, how many plates does one person have?

A decent haul from Western MA on a week night but I'd really like to try this some time.
Sounds like it may depend on how quickly I could potentially get knocked for the night vs the 3 hour hour total drive...

So with the 8 person elimination "pyramid", would a person out for the night if they loose after say their first round?

Also, how many plates does one person have?

A decent haul from Western MA on a week night but I'd really like to try this some time.
Sounds like it may depend on how quickly I could potentially get knocked for the night vs the 3 hour hour total drive...

You would just be out for that round. I believe when I shot this last year they did 7 or 8 rounds. So, depending on how many you sign up for you can get in a nice amount of shooting. Plus, It is a good group of guys and a fun night. IIRC there are 5 plates on the rocks but Mike would be better to answer that question.

We do multiple relays, usually we keep going until people stop signing up. Last years record was something like 14 relays! You start with 5 plates (?) and if you manage to win an entire relay you earn yourself an extra plate in future relays. Keep winning relays and we keep adding a handicapper target, it's the best way we've found to keep things fair and fun.

There's some downtime while you're waiting for your turn so there's plenty of BS'ing going on....it's a very lighthearted relaxed atmosphere and a great intro to "competitive" shooting if you haven't done any of that before.

See ya there!
Peter

Given we got three weeks, let's see it we can get a more than a few wheel gunners out. Those matches are always entertaining. That's what I'm going to bring.

Given we got three weeks, let's see it we can get a more than a few wheel gunners out. Those matches are always entertaining. That's what I'm going to bring.

We always have a few revolvers at each match and since I switched over to revolver division for this year, I will be shooting my 625.

The racks are only 5 plates so you will even have an extra round. [smile] Until you win a relay, that is........................ [thumbsup]

We always have a few revolvers at each match and since I switched over to revolver division for this year, I will be shooting my 625.

The racks are only 5 plates so you will even have an extra round. [smile] Until you win a relay, that is........................ [thumbsup]

Look forward to seeing you Mike! Should be a blast. Don't miss. ;)

Did somebody say Chinese food? REAL Chinese food? Or do I have to go in and eat with the cooks if you guys have Pu-Pu platters and sweet & sour pork?

Just askin'. [rofl]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

It is americanized Chinese food but is pretty good. The best hot and sour soup IMHO. We usually order up a bunch of plates and pass them around until everyone is full. I don't think we have EVER ordered a Pu-Pu. Lots of chicken, beef, veggies, and hot sauce. LOTS of hot sauce.

Hey Mike,

Can I order for everyone if I come Wednesday nite? Do you trust me???? [rofl]

TTFN,
F.
:cool:

So the next match is on the 20th?
When I initially looked at the calendar I thought it was every Wednesday.
Not sure I'll be around for it, we'll see...

Sent from my pos

So the next match is on the 20th?
When I initially looked at the calendar I thought it was every Wednesday.
Not sure I'll be around for it, we'll see...

Sent from my pos

We do the plate matches once a month and are usually able to give a couple of weeks notice. Unfortunately the schedule is more fluid than our USPSA matches do to the fact that it's a weeknight, so we fit them in on a Weds night when we can get enough staff to run the match. Hopefully you can make it, but if you can't keep your eye out for the next one! [wink]

Peter

Quite true. I run them once a month and need to make sure we have the staff and we need to schedule around our club's Bullseye league.
I might try to run 2 in December and/or January so watch this space for updates.

Any limitations on ammo? FMJ or lead only?
Can't make this one (stupid college class) but I'll definitely looking towards January/February!

Aloha

Back
Top Bottom