• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Indoor Steel matches @ Hopkinton resume Wednesday 11/20/2013

Well, we pulled the plate racks out of hibernation and checked them over, they appear to be in good shape and ready to go for our first match of the winter season tomorrow night.

Grab a handgun or two, (or three) gather up a bunch of ammo, get some one$ out of your cookie jar, and come on down and join in the fun.

We will have a dedicated "open" division relay if enough people show interest. I plan to shoot a revolver as well as a semi-auto.

See you there.

Yeah, it's open to the public. I went several times last year. I wish I didn't forget about tomorrow night. :\

To verify: Yes this match is open to the public, anyone who knows how to safely handle a firearm and follow basic range commands is welcome to participate. People have even been known to share a gun on occasion, we do our best to get people involved. we have a safe area in the small room directly in front of you as you enter the basement range, this is the only place a firearm should be out of its bag/holster except on the firing line under the direction of the RO. if you're running a holster pop in there, make sure your gun is clear and hammer down, holster up and you're good to go. if you're working out of a bag then just leave it in the bag and bring that to the line. after you shoot you clear, hammer down, then re-hoslter/re-bag.

max of 10 rounds loaded in a mag but feel free to put an extra mag or two on the table. I've seen more than one heat where both sides have reloaded before knocking all the plates down, you don't want to lose for lack of shootin! As Samwise noted we've had instances of shooters voluntarily downloading to compete against revolvers when there weren't enough wheelgunners for a dedicated revo relay, and we've also had people that went up against Open blasters (dot sights, comps) with their regular gear. we play things by ear and do what we can to make sure everyone has a good time. it's a very light hearted atmosphere, people come out mainly to have a good time and hang out with like minded individuals.

Oh, and please remember to bring $1s and $5s if possible, it really helps with till management...

See you tonight!
Peter

Thanks for the great clarifications Bostonbullit. I'll have to remember to add the "max 10 rounds loaded" to the post for next month's match.

Come on down and sling some lead with us tonight! [thumbsup] We do our best to make everyone feel welcomed and safe. I only have two main rules;

1. Don't scare the Range Officers (RO's)
2. Everyone has fun!

If you have any suggestions that you think will make these events even better, feel free to let me know.

Thanks for another great match guys you did a wonderful job . I think we should make Jon H shoot 5 seconds after the rest of us. Just thought I would throw that our there. Perhaps he could have 5 magazines with one bullet in each to even the playing field :) ok ok as far as you know I'm kidding. Seriously always look forward to seeing all those friendly faces and have a few laughs and fun shooting.

Thanks to all for coming out to shoot last night! we had a fun 13 relays before calling it a night and heading down the street for some chinese food. It was good to see some familiar faces that I haven't seen since the last match of the series last year, I have to get more of you folks into the USPSA events we run during the warmer months [wink][smile]. even better to see some not-so-familiar faces and shooters in their first "competition". believe me when I tell you folks that this is one of the best ways to get hooked on competitive shooting, no egos, no games, just good people and good fun!

No date set for next months match, keep an eye out here and ipscdrl will post as soon as we have that settled.

Peter

I'm sorry I missed it guys. I came down with a wicked case of either food poisoning, stress GI, or both. I've been laid up for 48 hours now in close proximity to a bathroom. I was looking forward to the revolver matches. Next month.

We ran 13 relays including one "Open" division and one Revolver relay. The winners were;
Shane F.
John H.
Lorne.
John H.
Bryce.
Lorne.
Shane F.
John H.
Alex.
Gary Z.
Sean.
Erich.
And John H.

Thanks everyone for coming out and having a fun safe time. Watch this space for an announcement of the December match.

ok guy its on i'm gonna remember this in December
Thanks for another great match guys you did a wonderful job . I think we should make Jon H shoot 5 seconds after the rest of us. Just thought I would throw that our there. Perhaps he could have 5 magazines with one bullet in each to even the playing field :) ok ok as far as you know I'm kidding. Seriously always look forward to seeing all those friendly faces and have a few laughs and fun shooting.

- - - Updated - - -

Great match as always Mike had a lot of fun
see you next month!!!!

Back
Top Bottom