Indoor Steel match @ Hopkinton Wednesday 2/12/2014

Come one, come all. Open to the public. AS LONG AS YOU ARE SAFE

Hopkinton Sportsmen's Association
95 Lumber St, Hopkinton, MA 01748-230
Date: Wednesday 2/12/2014.

Time: 6:00 PM till everyone is out of money or ammo.

Location: HSA Indoor range. (door on left rear of building. The only requirement is that you can safely handle your handgun.

The match: $3.00 per entry; 8 person relays; $6.00 to winner; $3 for second place.

The targets: 8 Inch Plates; 2 side by side racks. Man on man. 8 person elimination "pyramid". Relay winners will get an extra target/s for subsequent entries.

Equipment: Any safe handgun 38/9MM or larger; semi or revolver. Iron sights only.
If we have enough interest, we will run an "Open" and/or "Revolver" Division relay.

Procedure: Muzzle on table, finger outside trigger guard. Timer/buzzer start. First one to knock down their targets wins.

Safety: IPSC/USPSA - Safety rules, Firearms in holster or "bagged" No handling of firearms other than on the firing line or the safety area.

Come on down and have some fun. Bring lots of ammo. We keep shooting as long as people want to sign up.

Optional dinner afterwards at the Dynasty restaurant down the street. http://www.dynastyhopkinton.com/

More info here. http://www.hopkintonheavyhitters.org

Last edited:
How much ammo does everyone usually bring and usually shoot?

I toss 100 rounds in the bag but even when I'm not busy running the registration or sweeping brass I don't go through nearly that much....if you plan on shooting a lot of relays and advancing past the first heat then 100-150 wouldn't be a bad idea...

Perfect you guys are doing it when I'm vacation. [banana] I've also convinced a couple buddies to go as well, all first timers at this so take it easy on us. Is it a one gun only match or can we use different guns?

Perfect you guys are doing it when I'm vacation. [banana] I've also convinced a couple buddies to go as well, all first timers at this so take it easy on us. Is it a one gun only match or can we use different guns?

Bring as many guns as you like but you can only shoot one at a time [wink].

only 10rnds loaded at any time, 6 for revo. We try to run a revolver relay and an open gun (dot signs, compensators) relay if there are enough people. Newcomers welcome as long as everyone knows how to safely handle their firearms. Please keep your guns bagged until you find one of us and get the safety briefing.

See you there!

Perfect you guys are doing it when I'm vacation. [banana]

You are welcome. I try my best to accommodate the shooting community. [wink]

Different guns are A-OK as BB said. I usually throw a revolver, an Open Division gun, and some other pistol in my bag "just in case".

Come early if you can and I will give you the run-down on how things work, but it is pretty simple.

See you tonight.

Sorry, Mike. I'm heading for the hills tonight - want to get home to VT before MA gets swamped under the snow tomorrow! Enjoy and I'll see you next month, I hope.

Hope y'all had fun tonight. We had a BUNCH of new shooters. Sorry about the minor delay due to equipment failure. See you next month 3/12/14.

Great to see so many new shooters at the match last night! good seeing you regulars too of course [smile]. Always nice to see folks having a fun and safe time on the range during these craptacular winter months. Thanks for coming out to shoot with us, see you next month!

Another new shooter from last night. Brought 5 guys my self included and we had a blast. mike was fantastic, match was fun. Next month I'm signing up for more than one relay at a time lol. See ya next month

sorry for breaking the plate arm with my 357 loads, i swear there is still room in the case for more powder.....

I was also a newbie last night, that was a blast. I thought I wanted to make one of those stands before but I really want to now

If you mean the plate racks, we have the two that are on the indoor range, as well as FOUR more on our outdoor pistol pits. Oh, and a couple of "dueling tree" type steel targets. Are you not a member of HSA yet?

Put 3/12 on your calendars now boys and girls. [wink]

If you mean the plate racks, we have the two that are on the indoor range, as well as FOUR more on our outdoor pistol pits. Oh, and a couple of "dueling tree" type steel targets. Are you not a member of HSA yet?

no wonder some people were so good [wink]. No, I'm not a member there. It's about a 45 minute drive plus traffic from where I'm at so it's not really a huge option but it's definitely a fun night out

Back
Top Bottom