• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Indoor Steel match @ Hopkinton Wednesday 1/22/2014

Good plates last night. I don't know about a neutralizer, but my flinchalyzer was running strong last night [laugh] At least a few plates got scared into falling. Running the revolver relay worked much better. I think I'll bring the wheel gun again next time.

Thank you all for a first fun night. I had my son record a couple of my runs to see why I would hit 5 and then hit 1. You guys are right about the buzzer. You hear that buzzer and as a first time shooter, you go in panic mode with shots everywhere. I had great time and would love do it again.

Yes to the eye protection.... All the ROs were feeling the splatter of the projectiles.... Few of us had some cuts and lots of flakes on the clothing....

Might as well throw in extra hearing protection for these pesky open guns - honestly though it does not seem any louder when you are shooting one ;-)

I think the guy with the full power 10mm loads barked louder than my .38 Stupor. [smile]

I was telling Stewart of the night I used my 4" S&W 500 Mag for a revolver relay once. The poor guy next to me was so thrown from the blast that I was able to get the win even though I had to reload the 5-shooter. [wink] Disclaimer; I am the person who takes the HSA steel targets home and welds/repairs them.

I think the guy with the full power 10mm loads barked louder than my .38 Stupor. [smile]

I was telling Stewart of the night I used my 4" S&W 500 Mag for a revolver relay once. The poor guy next to me was so thrown from the blast that I was able to get the win even though I had to reload the 5-shooter. [wink] Disclaimer; I am the person who takes the HSA steel targets home and welds/repairs them.

I'm surprised that there was anything left to repair.

I would have loved to come, unfortunately I have a meeting tonight. Any chance this event will be repeated. A low-key competition would be ideal for me, even if I if only to watch.

Back
Top Bottom