Indoor Steel match @ Hopkinton tomorrow Wednesday 2/11/2015

No competition experience required! If this is your first time, simply see one of the HSA folks and they will brief you.

Where:
Hopkinton Sportsmen's Association
95 Lumber St, Hopkinton, MA 01748
508-294-0394 (my cell)

Date: Wednesday 2/11/2015

Time: 6:00 PM till everyone is out of money or ammo.

Location: HSA Indoor range. Come one, come all. The only requirement is that you are SAFE.

The match: $3.00 per entry; 8 person relays; $6.00 to winner; $3 for second place.

The targets: Five 8 Inch Plates; 2 side by side racks. Man on man. 8 person elimination "pyramid" style.

Equipment: Any safe handgun 38/9MM or larger; semi or revolver. Iron sights only.
If we have enough interest, we will run an "Open" and/or "Revolver" Division relay so bring out the "Dot" guns and Wheelies.

Procedure: Muzzle on table, finger off trigger, Timer/buzzer start. First one to knock down their targets wins.
Relay winners get an extra target for all subsequent entries.

Safety: IPSC/USPSA - Safety rules, Firearms in holster or "bagged" No handling of firearms other than on the firing line or the safety area.

Bring lots of ammo. We keep shooting as long as people want to sign up.

Optional dinner afterwards at the Dynasty restaurant down the street. http://www.dynastyhopkinton.com/

More info here. http://www.hopkintonheavyhitters.org/#!plate-matches/c1bp

Contact me if you have any questions.

Michael.

Last edited:
How many times do you get to shoot for your $3 entry? Is it single elimination?

What do you mean by "8 man relay"?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner instead of Tapatalk.

Single elimination, can shoot up to four times in a relay. Last time i showed up at 615 and didnt shoot until 720.

Thanks. How do you determine who knocks their plates down first? Do you use stop plates or does an RO make the call?

Hi Cuz. We have 2-3 RO's on the line watching and we have had a few times where it was simply too close to call. In those cases we simply had the shooters go against each other again.

We use an 8-man "J-ladder" as illustrated in the older USPSA/IPSC rule books. Single elimination for each 8-person relay. You pay $3 to enter a relay. We pay $6 to the winner and $3 to second place. Once you win a relay, you get an extra target (US Popper) for subsequent entries. So If I win a relay, I get an extra target for the night. If I win another relay, I get TWO extra targets to shoot, and so on. Helps even things out.
Are you going to bring Jake?

Thanks for the lowdown. It's too difficult to get him up there on a school night. Maybe we'll try for Feb or April vacation. We have to revamp our whole shooting schedule for the season now that two of our favorite clubs (independent and NB) no longer have matches. Going to have to journey out to Hopkinton and Harvard.

another great night of shooting, a little bloody, but still a great night! ( side note, next time check the OAL on the new load, before loading up the clips, and attempting to load up at the table, yes i feel like an idiot!)

Is that why the revo wouldn't index? Oh well. Bring those loads on Sunday. [grin]

I'm planning to hold three more plate matches while we are still all buried in snow. 2/25, 3/11, and 4/1.

Back
Top Bottom