• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Indoor Range Near Boston That Allows Drawing From A Holster?

CMF

Is there is a club or range reasonably close to Boston (1 hour) with an indoor range where drawing from a holster is allowed? It would also be nice to be able to place targets at shorter ranges e.g. 15 feet and to use jacketed ammo.

Thanks for looking.

Is there is a club or range reasonably close to Boston (1 hour) with an indoor range where drawing from a holster is allowed? It would also be nice to be able to place targets at shorter ranges e.g. 15 feet and to use jacketed ammo.

MFL allows all three things (as long as you don't shoot things you're not supposed to) although depending on traffic you might be over an hour.

-Mike

If you consider Woburn close to Boston, MRA does.

I was surprised by this response so I Googled the range rules at MRA. I couldn't find anything there that would allow this unless there was a special event happening. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

If you consider Woburn close to Boston, MRA does.

I was surprised by this response so I Googled the range rules at MRA. I couldn't find anything there that would allow this unless there was a special event happening. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

To my knowledge, there is no rule at MRA against this, therefore, it is allowed.

To my knowledge, there is no rule at MRA against this, therefore, it is allowed.

Does MRA have a minimum target distance? A lot of indoor ranges are like 25 foot+ minimum, and I think a couple of them allow you to shoot closer if the range isn't in full use and you move the firing line closer to the backstop.

-Mike

Does MRA have a minimum target distance? A lot of indoor ranges are like 25 foot+ minimum, and I think a couple of them allow you to shoot closer if the range isn't in full use and you move the firing line closer to the backstop.

-Mike

Sorry, my comment related to the holster draw not the distance. The indoor range is 25 feet, I believe. And you can use jacketed bullets.

I am on the Board at MRA. There is no drawing from a holster except at an action shooting event. Additionally, the only range at MRA that allows shoooting closer than 30 feet is the Pope range which does have the ability to hang a pistol target at 22 feet.

I hope this helps.

I am on the Board at MRA. There is no drawing from a holster except at an action shooting event. Additionally, the only range at MRA that allows shoooting closer than 30 feet is the Pope range which does have the ability to hang a pistol target at 22 feet.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the correction.

Harvard Sportsman's Club - No minimum distance and drawing from holster is allowed.

Here are the indoor range rules:
This range is available 24 hours a day to those members
who have a valid key card. Please use the exhaust fan
while the range is active. Turn on the exhaust fan using
the gray breaker box to the left of the entry. Turn off lights
the and fan when leaving. Please sweep up your brass
and remove your targets.
YOU MAY SHOOT:
· All pistol calibers.
· Airguns.
· .22 rimfire rifles.
· Archery (remove archery butts and place them in the
hallway when finished).
YOU MAY SHOOT AT:
· Paper targets placed at the backstop or on the target
holders.
YOU MAY NOT SHOOT:
· Centerfire rifles or shotguns.
· Black powder.
· Full-auto.
YOU MAY NOT SHOOT AT:
· Anything other than the targets placed at the backstop
or on the target holders.
IN ADDITION:
· Members may move the firing line forward of the
benches to provide close-in shooting of targets at the
backstop; however, all shooters must shoot from this
new firing line.

ALL THE GENERAL RULES APPLY!

Very helpful, thank you everyone.

I have the information I wanted, so the thread can be closed if mods and others want.

I am a member at MRA and they do not allow holster draw. But the minimum shooting distance is 25 feet. They allow jacketed ammo from pistols and rifles, and any caliber except .50 bmg. I love Mass Rifle, it is such a great gun club. I highly recommend anyone to join.

Back
Top Bottom