• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Indoor range friendly to odd ball handguns?

You should look into Braintree. I shoot 357 magnum and have shot a 50 Dessert Eagle. 45 LC out of a judge. You can’t shoot rifle cal or shot shells and carbines. Unless you can prove the paper work lists the carbine as a pistol. But there are some nice out door ranges too

B6CEF210-F521-4CDA-80B0-6DF348F79720.jpeg
You should look into Braintree. I shoot 357 magnum and have shot a 50 Dessert Eagle. 45 LC out of a judge. You can’t shoot rifle cal or shot shells and carbines. Unless you can prove the paper work lists the carbine as a pistol. But there are some nice out door ranges too

It’s obviously a pistol, it just shoots .30 cal Carbine ammo and makes huge muzzle flashes and bangs... ;P

Last edited:
Needless to say, I never shoot indoors. Only time is when I want to test some 9mm or 38 reloads late at night.

I also don't trust the old ventilation and don't want to breath in large amounts of lead and get large amounts of lead all over my clothing/shoes etc.

Same here. There are guys here that prefer shooting indoors because they don't want to walk 15 yards outside to hang a target.

Want. That would accompany my Winchester M1 carbine nicely.
I bought it new in the 90s, they shut down in 2001 I think so are a bit hard to get now... I think in the 50s Kimball made a .30 cal Carbine semi-auto Pistol and Ruger made a Blackhawk SAA also in .30 cal Carbine.

Last edited:
I bought it new in the 90s, they shut down in 2001 I think so are a bit hard to get now... I think in the 50s Kimball made a .30 cal Carbine semi-auto Pistol and Ruger made a Blackhawk SAA also in .30 cal Carbine.
If it’s anything like the Coonan 357 mag 1911 I had, I bet it must eject brass into the next town?

I have some more that I didn’t/can’t bring to MA...

Norinco AK Pistol 7.62x39
Carbon 15 Pistol .223
Lone Eagle .308
FN 5.7x28

Last edited:
I think you can cross Boston Gun & Rifle off your list. They only allow lead-free ammo (Sinterfire Green Line) which you have to buy from them and I don't think they stock any of the calibers you want to shoot.
The big issue is that you need to use there ammo and it costs over 3x as much as what I pay using Target Sports USA...

You can buy cripple mags for the FN I believe. I always wanted a CAR 15, probably not to shoot but they were very cool.
I have some more that I didn’t/can’t bring to MA...

Norinco AK Pistol 7.62x39
Carbon 15 Pistol .223
Lone Eagle .308
FN 5.7x28
You can definitely bring the FN into mass provided you don't bring "hi cap" mags. I know a few people who have the FN 5.7 with 10 rounders here in MA.

Back
Top Bottom