• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Indoor Pistol Range

Anyone know anything about indoor gun ranges? My clubs indoor pistol range needs to be updated, but the prices we have received are just outrageous. My club was even considering just closing the building down do to the quotes we have received. I dont want to see that happen. If anyone can help us out we with any info we (Fall River Rod and Gun) would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Dennis

Have you looked @ the indoor range in New Bedford on Bolton ST? $75 initiation fee and $75 per year. Lead rounds only.

Is you club NRA affiliated? They have programs to support ranges:

http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/technicalteam.asp

Providing on-site assistance to shooting range facilities

The NRA Range Technical Team is a nationwide network of volunteers trained in the field of shooting range development, design, and operations. The Range Technical Team was developed to provide an extension of NRA Headquarters to range owners and operators at the local level. The goal of the Range Technical Team is to provide every shooting community with the necessary assistance and support to help keep our nation's ranges operating well into the 21st century.

Services provided by Range Technical Team Advisors (RTTAs) include:

* range planning assistance
* range use and procedural evaluations
* range safety and design evaluations

Ranges requesting on-site RTTA services will be responsible for cost recovery and expense reimbursement as outlined below.

To initiate RTTA assistance, please send a request to the Clubs, Associations and Range Services Department on official club/range letterhead. Be sure that the letter is signed by appropriate range personnel (president, owner, CEO, etc.) and provides the information listed below.

* Range Information:
Mailing address
Day & evening phone numbers
Fax number
Physical location of range facility
NRA club affiliation number (if applicable)

* Contact person:
Name
Mailing address
Day & evening phone numbers
Fax number

* Paragraph describing specific type of assistance required.

* Does range have a copy of The NRA Range Source Book?

* Does range have bylaws, range rules, and regulations? If an outdoor range, do you have a topographic map, tax map, and aerial photographs of the range property and the surrounding area?

* Statement attesting that the range understands the cost recovery and expense reimbursement policy.

Mail or fax your letter of request to:

NRA Clubs, Associations and Range Services Department
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
Telephone: (800) NRA-3888, extension 1279
FAX: (703) 267-1011

Upon receipt of the letter of request, NRA will prepare a consultant agreement that must be signed by NRA and the requesting range prior to a RTTA visiting your site. Please allow 10-14 days for the completion of this process.

Range survival depends on range managers taking an active role and planning for the future. One way to begin is by having an outside advisor take an honest look at your shooting range facility, and its operations. This advisor will be able to discuss your strong points and the possible areas for improvement. Shooting range safety is not a function of sound engineering and design principles alone, but a commitment from every manager, member, and user involved in the proper handling of firearms and the proper use of the shooting range.

RTTA Cost Recovery Profile

* NRA Affiliated Club/Organization: $100 Case Origination Fee includes one day of on-site assistance($100 for each additional day of service). Also, recovery for all actual expenses incurred relative to transportation, lodging, meals, telephone, etc., for initial visit and for all follow-up visits.

* Non-NRA Affiliated Club/Organization: $150 Case Origination Fee: includes one day on-site assistance ($100 for each additional day of service) Also, recovery for all actual expenses incurred relative to transportation, lodging, meals, telephone, etc., for initial visit and for all follow up visits.

For more information on the benefits of becoming an NRA Affiliated Club or Business Alliance Member, please call NRA Clubs & Associations at (800) NRA-CLUB.

Check with Jim Conway (NES Sponsor), Conway Engineering designs ranges. Yes, the prices are up there to do it RIGHT!

Gone are the days of a hollowed out building with steel plate and a fan bought at Graingers! Those places are a health hazard and setting up a club for a bad lawsuit situation when someone becomes sick with lead poisoning . . . I know, I used to belong to such a club and it was a large part of why I finally quit that club.

well, i dont know if you are looking to other ranges, but acushnet is really cheap (50/year), and out of the 15-20 times i have been there it has always been just myself and my father

Uuuuuuh, I don't think joining another club will help in any way with his problem, which was how to upgrade the facilities at his current club. It's like some of the people here whose answer to any question about Massachusetts firearm laws is "Move to NH". It might be a solution, but it doesn't answer the question.

+1 on contacting Jim Conway.

Ken

NFGA updated their indoor pistol range relatively recently. It was closed for almost a year ( or maybe it was longer), but a lot of volunteer effort went into it. They had to install new ventilation system, etc..

You might try contacting them for an idea of costs.....see:

http://www.nfga.org

It's nice now, having a electronic keyfob controlled entry to the building, and 24 hour access for use.

Uuuuuuh, I don't think joining another club will help in any way with his problem, which was how to upgrade the facilities at his current club. It's like some of the people here whose answer to any question about Massachusetts firearm laws is "Move to NH". It might be a solution, but it doesn't answer the question.

+1 on contacting Jim Conway.

Ken

ya disregard me. Acushnet is about as worn down as they come [wink]

Fall River isn't going to get their range up to par for any cheaper than the prices they got. Someone needs to show the people in charge that the pistol house makes $$$. They don't realize how many people join the club just for that and only come a handful of times a year. If they close the pistol house a lot of people are going to leave and many have already left.

Back
Top Bottom