Indianapolis police officer who fatally shot Dreasjon Reed in May won't face charges, grand jury rules

Reptile

NES Member
The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police officer who fatally shot 21-year-old Dreasjon Reed won’t face criminal charges, a grand jury announced Tuesday night.

IMPD officer Dejoure Mercer shot Reed during a foot pursuit May 6, sparking a string of protests and demands that Mercer face consequences.

Special Prosecutor Rosemary Khoury, who was appointed to oversee the criminal investigation, said the grand jury determined there wasn't enough probable cause to charge the officer.

"This has not been an easy task and it's been a very heavy burden," Khoury said.

Later, Khoury said through tears that she is the mother of two Black boys.

He was a good boy.

A very good boy.

Except for the night he committed multiple drive by's.

Live a thug life, die a thug life!
Denial, it's not a river in Egypt!

Stop with the lies about what he was doing in his life and how they want to topple the police for something that he brought upon himself!

I don’t expect the thugs family to accept that the kid deserved to get shot but the shirts and crying that the media eats up is absolutely disgusting, how about the victims of these thug shitbags? Nobody ever gives a shit about them. It’s the same stupid story over and over again.

I have no problem with a good shoot, Cop is defending someone or themselves....

but FFS please stop with the stupid comments during and after the incident.

"Scott is the IMPD officer who made a comment about Reed needing a "closed casket" after the shooting. The comment was captured on Reed’s Facebook Live video."

It is sh#t like this that really pisses people off.

You know, when I was a kid in the 70's...probably 11 or 12 I was walking home with my grandmother carrying her groceries.

We happened by a scene where the home owner, a retired cop, was assaulted in his apartment and his dog was shot.

Anyway the retired cop was beaten pretty bad but he put two into one of the intruders and by the looks of it the guy came out the window backwards and landed on the concrete sidewalk.

Glass and blood were all around him.

We walked up into the crowd that was gathering and a cop was kneeling on the ground next to the guy plugging two bullet holes with fingers from each hand until the ambulance arrived.

I am no doctor but that guy was definitely dead at the scene.

Point is that the 70's were filled with overt racism. The guy on the ground was black and the cop was white.

We were very close to the scene and there were no derogatory comments which would have been perfectly acceptable at that time.

So not sure why in this political climate with all this current racial tension and video and audio recordings some cops are just too freakin stupid to know better and keep their mouths shut.

Special Prosecutor Rosemary Khoury, who was appointed to oversee the criminal investigation, said the grand jury determined there wasn't enough probable cause to charge the officer.

"This has not been an easy task and it's been a very heavy burden," Khoury said.

Later, Khoury said through tears that she is the mother of two Black boys.

What a total skeez Rosemary Khoury is. You worked your ASS off and couldn't get a grand jury to indict??? Maybe YOUR WHOLE CASE WAS UTTER BS! Damn. A grand jury will convict a tunafish sammich. Jeez.

Your two black boys should be fine if they aren't criminals running from the police after shooting off their guns.

What is ruining this country is that we are somehow supposed to feel bad for these pieces of trash who get shot by the police. It used to be you get shot and your moms effectively had to go into hiding because of the shame. Now we all have this big "what a tragedy" hug-fest. Thank you MSM for letting this happen. You total bleeding-heart scumbags.

Back
Top Bottom