• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Indiana Governor to Sign Several Bills, Including Pro-Gun Legislation

Zeo

INDIANAPOLIS – (AP) Statehouse employees will be able to carry guns at the Statehouse, people with epilepsy will be able to use marijuana-derived oil as medicine and parents will see a modest increase in abortion notification rights when it comes to their minor children, under measures Gov. Eric Holcomb on Tuesday said he will sign into law.

The Indiana Republican announced his intention to act on some of the more controversial bills this session in a news conference as he took a victory lap for getting many of his priorities approved by the Legislature. Among those are an expansion of the state’s preschool pilot program and a comprehensive infrastructure funding plan.

“In January when I took office, I asked the General Assembly to provide me and the lieutenant governor with the tools necessary to govern aggressively,” Holcomb said. “… In short, the Legislature over delivered.”

The NRA-backed gun bill Holcomb also said he will sign allows employees of the Senate, House, Legislative Services Agency and Indiana Lobby Registration Commission to be armed in the Statehouse.

Holcomb said those employees often stay late and may have to walk blocks away after work.

“I can sympathize with someone who wants to be able to protect themselves,” he said.

https://bearingarms.com/ba-staff/20...-several-bills-including-pro-gun-legislation/

Back
Top Bottom