Indiana eliminates license to carry permits.

I need to understand how removing the requirement to have a license is going Full Retard.

'The Indiana House voted Monday to eliminate the license to carry a handgun in the state -- an apparent victory, at least temporary, for supporters of Second Amendment gun rights.

House Bill 1369, which passed the House by a 65-31 vote and now heads to the Senate, repeals a law that requires a person to obtain a license to carry a handgun in Indiana, according to the Indianapolis Star

It allows for any person who is lawfully able to carry and possess a firearm to do so without a government-issued permit or license, reports said. The bill specified that certain offenders still could be prohibited from carrying handguns.

Supporters of the bill argue that the permit process punishes law-abiding citizens and residents shouldn't have to pay for a right guaranteed by the Second Amendment.'

Still have my lifetime Indiana permit. Not really valid as I've moved acouple of times since, but it was one of the easiest states to apply in. Online app, fingerprint appoint with a nearby processor, and then show up at the police station to prove residence in the town. A couple weeks later, the pink card showed up in the mail.

More states need to go "full retard" with constitutional carry.

I need to understand how removing the requirement to have a license is going Full Retard.
Does the OP have Stockholm syndrome from living in Mass?

Looks like OP came to a conclusion without the benefit of reading. I came to the same conclusion after reading the headline, but I continued, I exerted myself and actually read the article. The struggle and sweat was real, but I was able to soldier on to reach the end. The facts inexplicably changed my conclusion. I can't explain it.

Summary:

Indiana wants to do away with procedural hoops where the primary purposes were to collect and run fingerprints and extract revenue from licensees.

Now Chicago is going to blame all those surrounding states for their out-of-control violence on their streets.

'The Indiana House voted Monday to eliminate the license to carry a handgun in the state -- an apparent victory, at least temporary, for supporters of Second Amendment gun rights.

House Bill 1369, which passed the House by a 65-31 vote and now heads to the Senate, repeals a law that requires a person to obtain a license to carry a handgun in Indiana, according to the Indianapolis Star

It allows for any person who is lawfully able to carry and possess a firearm to do so without a government-issued permit or license, reports said. The bill specified that certain offenders still could be prohibited from carrying handguns.

Supporters of the bill argue that the permit process punishes law-abiding citizens and residents shouldn't have to pay for a right guaranteed by the Second Amendment.'
Yeah I was very very confused by this title as well

Open mouth insert foot.....🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼
I saw the headline and didn’t read the article as I was running out the door.

I will take my lumps go ahead😂😂😂

That is what I thought. I need to READ things before Jumping to conclusions. lol

Read first, post second. Especially from Mainstream Media sources like Fox, etc. that get their revenue from clickbait. The best information usually comes from places that eschew clickbait as much as possible.

The Fox News headline is misleading if you click on it.
OP made the mistake of not reading the article and posting, something most of us have done. Obvously, it’s not his real opinion on the subject.
Slugworth is a good guy.[thumbsup]

Back
Top Bottom