Index of terms used in Reloading?

I just got a Hornady LNL Classic Kit for Christmas and am looking to get into Reloading. It came with the textbook but I am looking for some sort of index of terms used so I can understand this better. All of the Jargon is very confusing when it comes to reloading for me.

As an aside, I will be reloading 9mm and 7.62x39. Also, I was considering exchanging it for the step up version, the progressive press kit - is this something worthwhile? Almost 150 dollars more, so I am seeking advice. Thanks in advance

Mike

Regarding your aside: I just bought the LNL Progressive press. Note that the price difference on Midway is $110, and contents of the kit you have and the AP are very different. Yours includes a scale, trickler, funnel, chamfering tool, etc.: add dies and you can reload cartridges. The AP includes just the basic machine; you need to buy a shell plate ($30) as a minimum in addition to dies, plus you will still need a scale, handbook, and assorted hand tools. A digital scale that resolves tenths of grains can be had for less than $15 on Amazon and elsewhere, though.

Take one of the reloading classes our members here teach. Well worth it and you will learn lots of stuff you might miss on your own research. It will also help you pick the right equipment.

@Madisonian, thanks for the heads up - I hadn't noticed the differences in components between the two packages...

@edhead35, I looked into that a bit. I can't remember the name of the place, but found it here on NES and the next available beginners class isn't scheduled for almost another year! Maybe I am wrong on that, if you wouldn't mind throwing some info my way I would appreciate it.

Guessing always works at least once. [wink]

Take EC's class and enjoy the new hobby safely.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

Take the class. Learn to make better ammo than you can buy, do it safely, and shoot more. I did,
even though I had reloaded ammo years ago and then got away from it.

Back
Top Bottom