Independent product review - Condor mag dump pouch

So I pickled up a Condor mag dump pouch to use pretty much as a mag dump pouch

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/ma223-foldmagrecoverypouch.aspx

when I tried to attach it to my desired location 1 of the 2 tabs tore off leaving me quite perturbed - I put it away for a while as I had other pressing things to do such as earn a living, etc.

Tonight I tried to sew the tab back on - the other tab and the velcro tab used to fold and tuck the thing also became separated from the pouch - I'll be pop riveting them back on.

Materials = good
Design = fair
workmanship = toilet
price = If I spent a little more I wouldn't have to spend $$ to fix it ...

Overall I give it a rating of: Crap

In general Condor is good for one thing: Ripping off others designs and making a shotty product for hardcore users.

For simple range work it can function ok but if you are buying the product the best thing to do is buy hands on so you can check the quality of the stitching. They don't bar-tack worth a crap and use inferior thread. I have seen some ok stuff from them and they are a pretty regular staple in the airsoft market and I have gotten a bunch of their stuff from a certain airsoft guy and asked to review it. Everytime was the same thing: Ok for airsoft but I would not take it into a fight with me unless I had no ther option.

When buying good gear: Buy once, cry once.

In general Condor is good for one thing: Ripping off others designs and making a shotty product for hardcore users.

For simple range work it can function ok but if you are buying the product the best thing to do is buy hands on so you can check the quality of the stitching. They don't bar-tack worth a crap and use inferior thread. I have seen some ok stuff from them and they are a pretty regular staple in the airsoft market and I have gotten a bunch of their stuff from a certain airsoft guy and asked to review it. Everytime was the same thing: Ok for airsoft but I would not take it into a fight with me unless I had no ther option.

When buying good gear: Buy once, cry once.

That's good advice...Condor is guilty of making some decent products - a jacket and fleece comes to mind. However, the rest is hit-n-miss. They make stuff for Leapers, so if you think about those ridiculous Leapers "tactical vests", think UTG, then think Condor...Look for product reviews with them - like I said, they do make a few decent products, but they are mixed in with a lot of not so decent ones....I have a UTG Maxpedition rip-off and it's actually quite nice....

Back
Top Bottom